IPROC – IETF Protocol Registries Oversight Committee
The IPROC's primary focus are operational aspects of oversight of operations for processing IETF related protocol parameter requests and the review of the SLA between the IETF and ICANN.
The IPROC advises the IASA and the IAB which are ultimately responsible for the fiscal and administrative support, and the general IANA oversight respectively.
Its main focus is on:
- Review of the annual amendments to the SLA between the IETF and ICANN;
- Manage and review deliverables as described in the annual amendments;
- Review operational issues related to processing protocol parameter requests, IESG designated experts, tools development
- Responding to specific developments and information requests
The group is not responsible for the overall IANA functions for the Internet. For more information on that, please see the IANA Evolution Program.
The members of this group are selected based on their positions in the IETF leadership and roles in performing the protocol parameter related functions. Other individuals or experts may be invited to participate in meetings and/or discussions on an as needed basis.
- Jari Arkko (IETF Chair)
- Russ Housley, (IAB Lead for the IANA Evolution Program)
- Andrew Sullivan, Committee Chair (IAB Chair)
- Bernard Aboba
- Michelle Cotton (IANA Liaison to the IETF)
- Leslie Daigle (IAOC Chair)
- Elise Gerich (VP, IANA Department)
- Ray Pelletier (IETF Administrative Director)
- Jonne Soininen (IETF Liaison)
This group meets face-to-face at the 3 annual IETF meetings and via phone teleconference 3 times annually.
- January 27, 2014 (Phone Teleconference)
- May 19, 2014 (Phone Teleconference)
- July 21, 2014 (IETF-90, Toronto)
- November 10, 2014 (IETF-91, Honolulu)
- March 23, 2015 (IETF-92, Dallas)
- May 18, 2015 (Phone Teleconference)
- July 20, 2015 (IETF-93, Prague)
- September 21, 2015 (Phone Teleconference)
- November 2, 2015 (IETF-94, Yokohama)
- January 25, 2016 (Phone Teleconference) CANCELLED
- April 4, 2016 (IETF-95, Buenos Aires)
- May 23, 2016 (Phone Teleconference)
- July 18, 2016 (IETF-96, Berlin)
- September 26, 2016 (Phone Teleconference)
- November 14, 2016 (IETF-97, Seoul)
Memorandum of Understanding and Supplemental Agreements
IAB Documents and Correspondence