[apps-discuss] Apps-team review of draft-ietf-geopriv-arch-02

"Vijay K. Gurbani" <vkg@bell-labs.com> Thu, 09 September 2010 21:44 UTC

Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 16:45:49 -0500
From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <vkg@bell-labs.com>
To: draft-ietf-geopriv-arch@tools.ietf.org
Cc: rbarnes@bbn.com, acooper@cdt.org, IESG IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, "apps-discuss@ietf.org" <apps-discuss@ietf.org>
Subject: [apps-discuss] Apps-team review of draft-ietf-geopriv-arch-02

I have been selected as the Applications Area Review Team reviewer for
this draft (for background on apps-review, please see
http://www.apps.ietf.org/content/applications-area-review-team).

you may receive. Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-geopriv-arch-02
Reviewer: Vijay K. Gurbani
Review Date: Sept-9-2010
IETF Last Call Date: Unknown
IESG Telechat Date: Sept-9-2010

Major issues: None.
Minor issues: 2
Nits: 2

I realize that this review is a day late, my apologies.  However,
none of the review comments below are blocking so attending to
them should be low impact.  The document is very well written.

Minor issues:
-------------
1) In S2.2 you state that a LO can contain geodetic or civic
  location data.  Common sense argues that they should be the
  same in the sense that they point to the same physical
  location.  However, is there a requirement to that effect in
  the document (if there is, please disregard.  But I do not
  recall reading such a requirement)?  What if they are different?

2) In Figure 3, there is a vertical line from LG to Device.
  What information is sent on that interface?  It is clear that
  the vertical line from the Device to LG is sending some manner
  of positioning data that the device wants to transmit.  But
  I am not sure what information the vertical line from LG to Device
  carries.

  There is some text later on --- on the top of page 15 --- that
  says "The LG provides assistance data to the Device".  If so,
  then a label containing this information should be placed
  in Figure 3.

Nits:
------
1) S2.2, "Device" definition: Do you mean "The physical device ..."
  when you wrote "The technical device ..."?

2)  S3.2.2, opening sentence.  "Some performing ..." What is the
  object there?  Some what?

Thanks,

- vijay
--
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60566 (USA)