Re: [apps-discuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-suffix-regs-03.txt

Ned Freed <ned.freed@mrochek.com> Wed, 12 September 2012 16:41 UTC

Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 09:31:29 -0700
From: Ned Freed <ned.freed@mrochek.com>
To: "Rushforth, Peter" <Peter.Rushforth@NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca>
Cc: "apps-discuss@ietf.org" <apps-discuss@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [apps-discuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-suffix-regs-03.txt

> Is it forbidden by structured suffix reg procedures to register stacked suffixes?
> e.g. application/foo+bar+xml

The syntax allows it, but the meaning is undefined. The rule is that the
material after the last plus sign is the suffix. Plus signs before that
currently have no special meaning. Since that could change in the future,
this is one of those things where it makes sense to push back on such
usage in registrations should someone ever try it.

				Ned