Re: [bmwg] Planning for an Interim Meeting

Al Morton <acmorton@att.com> Fri, 16 October 2009 15:11 UTC

Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 11:11:25 -0400
To: bmwg@ietf.org
From: Al Morton <acmorton@att.com>
Subject: Re: [bmwg] Planning for an Interim Meeting

BMWG,

While we finalize the conference-oriented details
for the Interim meeting, I want to communicate the
consensus on the DATE, with the time being constrained
by the time zones involved. (There are a few who could not
make this date, but it seems to be the best for most).

UTC (GMT)  Friday, October 30, 2009 at 13:30:00 to 16:00:00
start times in
Geneva (Switzerland)    Friday, Oct 30, 2009 at 2:30:00 PM  UTC+1 hour CET
New York (U.S.A.)       Friday, Oct 30, 2009 at 9:30:00 AM  UTC-4 hours EDT
San Francisco (U.S.A.)  Friday, Oct 30, 2009 at 6:30:00 AM  UTC-7 hours PDT
Note that the USA will still be observing Daylight Savings Time,
while Europe and many other locations be on Standard Time.

The meeting will include a 30 minute warm-up, because we anticipate
the ability to use webex for this conference in addition to an
audio bridge, and it may take time to get everyone on-board.
Then we will have a full two hours to discuss drafts
and resolve comments.

So far, we have proposals to discuss the following drafts,
some of which are available now, and others which are planned
to be complete by the revised draft deadline of Oct 26th:

NEW WORK ITEM PROPOSAL: BENCHMARKS FOR DATA CENTER BRIDGING DEVICES
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-player-dcb-benchmarking-00.txt

IP Flow Information Accounting and Export Benchmarking Methodology
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-novak-bmwg-ipflow-meth-04.txt

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Benchmarking Terminology for Protection Performance
Methodology for benchmarking MPLS protection mechanisms
To be provided: Revised versions of one or both drafts
Benchmarking Link-State IGP Data Plane Route Convergence
To be provided: terms and meth drafts

Benchmarking Methodology for Content-Aware Network Devices
To be provided: draft-hamilton-bmwg-ca-bench-meth-(02)

(There has also been off-list discussion of the RESET work,
but no commitment to produce a -00 draft yet by the 19th.)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I've simply listed these in the order that authors responded,
with a preference to drafts that are available now, then the
committed drafts.

Authors: to get on the agenda (which will look roughly like the above
list), you should have revised drafts submitted by the regular IETF
deadlines, and slides to help organize discussion, raise issues, etc.
IF we have additional agenda time, we could
possibly take-up a slides-only discussion on issues with a
*working group chartered item*.

Questions, Comments, Bashing to me or the list, as appropriate.

regards,
Al
bmwg chair