[CCAMP] New Liaison Statement, "LS138 - Amendment 2 to G.872 OTN architecture"

Greg Jones(ITU-T SG 15) <tsbsg15@itu.int> Fri, 05 March 2010 17:55 UTC

From: Greg Jones <tsbsg15@itu.int>
To: lberger@labn.net, dbrungard@att.com
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 09:55:03 -0800
Cc: hiroshi.ota@itu.int, greg.jones@itu.int, steve.trowbridge@alcatel-lucent.com, ccamp@ietf.org, yoichi.maeda@ntt-at.co.jp, paf@cisco.com, adrian.farrel@huawei.com, rcallon@juniper.net, tsbsg15@itu.int
Subject: [CCAMP] New Liaison Statement, "LS138 - Amendment 2 to G.872 OTN architecture"

Title: LS138 - Amendment 2 to G.872 OTN architecture
Submission Date: 2010-03-05
URL of the IETF Web page: https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/liaison_detail.cgi?detail_id=844

From: Greg Jones(ITU-T SG 15) <tsbsg15@itu.int>
To: IETF CCAMP WG(lberger@labn.net,dbrungard@att.com)
Cc: paf@cisco.com
adrian.farrel@huawei.com
rcallon@juniper.net
ccamp@ietf.org
yoichi.maeda@ntt-at.co.jp
steve.trowbridge@alcatel-lucent.com
Reponse Contact: tsbsg15@itu.int
greg.jones@itu.int
hiroshi.ota@itu.int
Technical Contact: malcolm.betts@zte.com.cn
Purpose: For information
Body: Q12/15 is in the process of updating G.872 the OTN architecture to reflect the changes in the OTN rates and formats defined in G.709.  The most significant additions are the inclusion of the ODU0 and the ODUflex, that allows a flexible use of bandwidth.  The most significant change to the architecture is that we now clarified that the ODU is modelled as a single layer network, with the bit rate (of the client) represented as a parameter.  This evolution of OTN has identified a number of significant new requirements from the perspective of the control plane including:
Support for the new ODU rates, ODU0, ODU4 and ODUflex
Support for the new server layer (OTU4)
The ability to provide the information required for path computation
This includes the requirement to be able to describe the maximum payload bandwidth that can be accommodated on a link as well as the total available bandwidth.
Maintain the independence between the service rate (the rate of the ODU including ODUflex) and the OTU or higher order ODU link that it is carried over.
Provide the information that is necessary to allow each node to compute the number of TS required and the location of the stuff opportunities.
We have attached the current draft of G.872 amendment 2, we hope that you will find this useful in your work on the extension of the GMPLS protocols to support OTN.
Attachment(s):
     LS138 - Amendment 2 to G.872 OTN architecture - body pdf (https://datatracker.ietf.org/documents/LIAISON/file956.pdf)
     LS138 - Attach: current draft of G.872 amendment 2 (https://datatracker.ietf.org/documents/LIAISON/file957.pdf)