RE: RE: [dhcwg] New draft on DHCPv6 Relay Information Option and RADIUS Attributes sub-option

"Bernie Volz" <volz@cisco.com> Mon, 25 October 2004 17:20 UTC

From: Bernie Volz <volz@cisco.com>
To: 'Wing Cheong Lau' <lau@qualcomm.com>, dhcwg@ietf.org
Subject: RE: RE: [dhcwg] New draft on DHCPv6 Relay Information Option and RADIUS Attributes sub-option
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 13:11:27 -0400
Cc: Ted.Lemon@nominum.com, rdroms@cisco.com
Sender: dhcwg-bounces@ietf.org

Great, I have no objection to your suggested name other than it is rather
long - perhaps it will become known as OPTION_RRA.

Are you or Ralph going to discuss this at the upcoming DHC WG session and
request it become a WG work item?

BTW, we don't need a DHCPv6 version of
draft-ietf-dhc-vendor-suboption-00.txt because the existing DHCPv6 Vendor
options can be used by the Relay Agent just fine. Again, it is WHERE these
options appear that indicates whether they are for the client (in the client
part of the message) or the relay, in the Relay-Forw or Relay-Reply part of
the message. That work is already done and is not needed!!

- Bernie