Re: [Ecrit] Last Call: <draft-polk-local-emergency-rph-namespace-01.txt> (IANA Registering a SIP Resource Priority Header Field Namespace for Local Emergency Communications) to Proposed Standard

"DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com> Wed, 13 July 2011 11:59 UTC

From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net>, "ietf@ietf.org IETF" <ietf@ietf.org>, "ecrit@ietf.org" <ecrit@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 13:59:18 +0200
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [Ecrit] Last Call: <draft-polk-local-emergency-rph-namespace-01.txt> (IANA Registering a SIP Resource Priority Header Field Namespace for Local Emergency Communications) to Proposed Standard

If you insist on that scope

> I was in the believe that the scope is restricted only to PSAP-to-first
> Responder, and PSAP-to-PSAP communication.

Then you can throw it away.

I certainly don't see it being used by an emergency calling UA, but in a 3GPP like solution to emergency calling, there is no reason why it cannot be used by the first network operator provided entity that identifies an emergency call. I agree it is not applicable to the IETF solution, but then you have no network operator to provide you with priority in the first place.

If a network operator want to provide priority in their equipment after point of entry to the network, to an emergency call, then RPH is the sensible way of doing it, and not forcing them to recognize multiple different parameters to identify that priority is needed.

You seem to be back in cloud cuckoo land where you believe all emergency calls are handled by the IETF ECRIT solution.

Keith