RE: [Enum] RFC 3482 on Number Portability in the Global Switched Telephone Network (GSTN): An Overview

"Pfautz, Penn L, ALABS" <ppfautz@att.com> Thu, 20 February 2003 14:56 UTC

Subject: RE: [Enum] RFC 3482 on Number Portability in the Global Switched Telephone Network (GSTN): An Overview
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:58:56 -0500
From: "Pfautz, Penn L, ALABS" <ppfautz@att.com>
To: Kevin McCandless <KMcCandless@verisign.com>, Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com>
Cc: enum@ietf.org
Sender: enum-admin@ietf.org

Can't resist:

Actually, what LNP has to do with ENUM is this: By unchaining numbers from the service providers to which the codes were assigned, it pushes you to have a line level (10-d in the NANP) Tier 1 registry. This seems obvious now, but in some of the early work group documentation there was discussion that ENUM delegation might follow telephone number (office code) delegation to telcos. James Yu and I touched on this in an I-D a couple years back.

Penn Pfautz
AT&T