Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-24.txt

"Miguel A. Garcia" <Miguel.A.Garcia@ericsson.com> Mon, 31 October 2011 15:36 UTC

Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 16:36:16 +0100
From: "Miguel A. Garcia" <Miguel.A.Garcia@ericsson.com>
To: Eric Burger <eburger@standardstrack.com>
Cc: Dan Burnett <dburnett@voxeo.com>, Shanmugham Saravanan <sarvi@cisco.com>, Dave Oran <oran@cisco.com>, General Area Review Team <gen-art@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-24.txt

Hi Eric:

I think I understand your motivation, and I believe you now understand
that the IANA registry does not warrant any further interoperability. I
think you have convinced me that the registry may encourage developers to
publish their specifications, something that, otherwise, it won't happen.

As long as you understand that there is no warranty for success, I have
no problem. Please proceed with the IANA registry. Make sure that the
registry itself contains a contact person and a pointer to the published
specification.

BR,

        Miguel

--