Re: [Geopriv] I-DAction:draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-08.txt

"Thomson, Martin" <Martin.Thomson@andrew.com> Fri, 11 July 2008 06:44 UTC

Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 01:44:56 -0500
From: "Thomson, Martin" <Martin.Thomson@andrew.com>
To: Mary Barnes <mary.barnes@nortel.com>
Cc: geopriv@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Geopriv] I-DAction:draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-08.txt
Sender: geopriv-bounces@ietf.org

Thanks to Mary for the hard work put in updating the document.  I've just submitted lis-discovery, which should be compatible.

There are a few minor errors in the latest additions:

The ABNF should reference RFC 5234.

The ABNF requires spaces on the outside of the square brackets (but not inside of).

The ABNF for HELDREF-URI still uses 'helds://'

The 'port' component is still optional in the ABNF.  Without a default value, it makes no sense to allow its omission.

The examples that show the HTTP headers should use the 'held:' URI defined in lis-discovery, not the reference defined by this document.  This document is describing the LCP, not the dereference protocol.  There is still mention in Section 11.1 of an https: URI.

I remain unconvinced of the need for two URI deref schemes, but I'll take that discussion offline.

Cheers,
Martin

this email is prohibited.