Re: [Geopriv] [Ecrit] Announce: Specifying Derived Location in a PIDF-LO

"Winterbottom, James" <James.Winterbottom@andrew.com> Tue, 29 July 2008 21:34 UTC

Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 16:34:31 -0500
From: "Winterbottom, James" <James.Winterbottom@andrew.com>
To: "James M. Polk" <jmpolk@cisco.com>, Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net>
Cc: geopriv@ietf.org, ecrit@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Geopriv] [Ecrit] Announce: Specifying Derived Location in a PIDF-LO
Sender: geopriv-bounces@ietf.org

James,

Please look at the example below and tell me how this is twice the size of an existing PIDF-LO?
This is in the draft, and IS just adding a URI element, it is just that we have the flexibility to have the URI point to an element in the same document.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
     <presence xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf"
       xmlns:gp="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf:geopriv10"
       xmlns:cl="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf:geopriv10:civicAddr"
       xmlns:dl="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:geopriv:derived"
       xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
       xmlns:gs="http://www.opengis.net/pidflo/1.0"
       entity="pres:ness@example.com">

       <tuple id="ness">
         <status>
           <gp:geopriv>
             <gp:location-info>
               <civicAddress xml:lang="en-AU"
         dl:derivedFrom="held://lis.example.com:9128/xyz#freddy">
                 <country>AU</country>
                 <A1>NSW</A1>
                 <A3>     Wollongong
                 </A3><A4>North Wollongong
                 </A4>
                 <RD>Flinders</RD><STS>Street</STS>
                 <RDBR>Campbell Street</RDBR>
                 <PC>2500</PC>
                 <POBOX>Private Box 15</POBOX>
               </civicAddress>
             </gp:location-info>
             <gp:usage-rules/>
             <method>Derived</method>
           </gp:geopriv>
         </status>
         <timestamp>2008-07-24T12:28:04Z</timestamp>
       </tuple>
     </presence>

Next, please explain to me how an unencrypted plain-text UDP packet containing my SIP identity and my location information complies with 3863?

YOU go on and on and on about this stuff, yet then YOU turn around with complete and utter this kind of garbage. It would be  nice, just once, to see you say something constructive rather than feeling you always have to compete.

Cheers
James