Re: [GROW] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gersch-grow-revdns-bgp-00.txt

Terry Manderson <terry.manderson@icann.org> Tue, 06 March 2012 02:08 UTC

From: Terry Manderson <terry.manderson@icann.org>
To: Ronald Bonica <rbonica@juniper.net>, Christopher Morrow <christopher.morrow@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 18:08:30 -0800
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "grow@ietf.org" <grow@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [GROW] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gersch-grow-revdns-bgp-00.txt

from the draft in question:

" We limit the scope of this internet draft to the prevention of origin
   and sub-prefix hijacks -- a capability that can be implemented and
   deployed in a reasonable time frame."

I think SIDR has completed its work on this item.

This looks to me like a fresh set of eyes on the problem.

I'd be willing, if there is time on the grow agenda, to listen to what the
authors are proposing and then reflect on the GROW v SIDR question.

You may be right - it may be a SIDR item. But given the SIDR space right now
seems to be focused on the interaction with and between routers I'm not sure
presenting it in SIDR will be be good for either SIDR or the Authors.
 .. just saying is all..

Cheers
Terry