[http-state] [ACTION NEEDED] Update on Working Group formation

Bil Corry <bil@corry.biz> Wed, 16 September 2009 03:50 UTC

Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 22:50:40 -0500
From: Bil Corry <bil@corry.biz>
To: "http-state@ietf.org" <http-state@ietf.org>
Subject: [http-state] [ACTION NEEDED] Update on Working Group formation

Early today, Adam Barth, Jeff Hodges, Lisa Dusseault and I met to discuss how to move forward with forming an official Working Group.  For those who don't know, Lisa is our Area Director and is committed to seeing us become a WG and understands the importance of the work we're doing here.

The outcome from our discussion is as follows:

(1) We are going to skip having a BOF in Hiroshima and instead focus on forming a Working Group without one.  We will need help to do this, more below.

(2) We will meet in-person in Anaheim (March 2010), help us by attending and please let me know if you're planning to do so:

	http://www.ietf.org/meeting/upcoming.html

(3) We need to continue to refine our proposed charter.

(4) We need to continue to refine our I-D.

(5) We need volunteers:

	(A) A co-chair for our WG that has prior IETF experience
	(B) Additional editor(s) for the documents we'll be producing
	(C) Dedicated reviewers willing to review our documents
	(D) People to attend the IETF meeting in Anaheim

[ACTION NEEDED]

Please let me know if you're interested in making a commitment to any of the above volunteer positions.  Without a sufficient number of people committed to filling the roles needed above, we will not be able to form a Working Group.

- Bil