Re: [Ianaplan] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ianaplan-icg-response-01.txt

Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie> Sun, 19 October 2014 22:53 UTC

Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 23:52:52 +0100
From: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
To: Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@meetinghouse.net>, ianaplan@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Ianaplan] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ianaplan-icg-response-01.txt

On 19/10/14 17:26, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> To elaborate just a bit..
>
> Richard Hill wrote:
>> I support that suggestion.
>>
>> Best,
>> Richard

YUK.

Should any such background be desirable, it would IMO be crazy
for it to be written by someone who has not been involved in
the technical work of the IETF. (Which I conclude from the text
above is the case here, be interesting if I'm wrong about that:-)
And definitely not by lawyers who haven't been technically
involved in the real work of the IETF.

In case that wasn't definitive: YUK, YUK, YUK:-)

Sorry if my tone there seems dismissive but the text above is
truly multi-dimensionally horrible.

S.