Re: [Ietf-message-headers] Provisional registration of 5 X-Device-* HTTP Header fields for use in content transformation guidelines

Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org> Mon, 17 August 2009 07:27 UTC

Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 09:27:39 +0200
From: Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>
To: Graham Klyne <GK@ACM.ORG>
Cc: ietf-message-headers@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Ietf-message-headers] Provisional registration of 5 X-Device-* HTTP Header fields for use in content transformation guidelines

Thanks,

I will report to the working group, and will likely proceed with the
provisional registration of the header fields, with a clear
understanding that thorough discussion with IETF is needed to transition
from provisional to permanent:
  1. because of the use of the "X-" prefix, and
  2. because the introduction of new HTTP header fields require as wide
a review as possible anyway.

Francois.