Re: [jose] way forward for two remaining drafts

"Nat Sakimura" <n-sakimura@nri.co.jp> Fri, 17 July 2015 06:41 UTC

From: Nat Sakimura <n-sakimura@nri.co.jp>
To: Axel.Nennker@telekom.de, kathleen.moriarty.ietf@gmail.com, ejay@mgi1.com
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 15:41:08 +0900
Cc: Michael.Jones@microsoft.com, jose@ietf.org, odonoghue@isoc.org
Subject: Re: [jose] way forward for two remaining drafts

Axel wrote:

Is it an argument for not base64url encoding payloads that they remain human/developer readable?

This argument would make draft-jones-jose-jws-signing-input-options useful for small payloads too.

Indeed. It is one of my use case – small and I want to keep it readable.

For the case the headers are not needed to be protected, the readability extends to the headers as well.

Re: header parameters, for the sake of size, I am inclined to combine “sph” and “b64” to “pb” or something and represent the value as a number.

So: (Sorry for an HTML table)

"sph"

"b64"

“pb”

true

true

3

false

true

1

true

false

2

false

false

0

--

Nat Sakimura < <mailto:n-sakimura@nri.co.jp> n-sakimura@nri.co.jp>

Nomura Research Institute, Ltd.

PLEASE READ:

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only.

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete your copy from your system.