Re: [manet] DLEP and broadcast/multicast

"A. Riley Eller" <reller@cococorp.com> Mon, 15 August 2011 17:01 UTC

From: "A. Riley Eller" <reller@cococorp.com>
To: Vikram KAUL <vkaul@research.telcordia.com>, "manet@ietf.org" <manet@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 10:01:47 -0700
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [manet] DLEP and broadcast/multicast

Perhaps the DLEP specification would benefit from accepting a pseudo-link identifier for multicast messages?

My team's research shows that EFT implementations achieve higher overall accuracy by measuring multicast messages as a universal estimator for queuing-plus-congestion. Giving DLEP the ability to describe that value, and also gaining the ability to control the radio's performance for multicast traffic, would be a valuable addition.