[Mip4] ACM MSWIM'05 Call For PARTICIPATION

MSWiM 2005 <mswim2005@site.uottawa.ca> Fri, 07 October 2005 21:20 UTC

Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 14:37:59 -0400
From: MSWiM 2005 <mswim2005@site.uottawa.ca>
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Mip4] ACM MSWIM'05 Call For PARTICIPATION
Sender: mip4-bounces@ietf.org

Please send a blank message to rshaikh@site.uottawa.ca with
the title "UNSUBSCRIBE" if you want to be removed from this mailing list.

We apologize in advance if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.

         C A L L  for  P A R T I C I P A T I O N
              ***  ACM MSWiM 2005  ***
           The 8th ACM International Symposium on
   Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems
                 October 10-13, 2005

              www.cs.unibo.it/mswim2005

              Hyatt Regency Montreal  Hotel
                  Montreal, Qc. Canada

Main Sponsors: ACM and IEEE

The 8-th International ACM Symposium on Modeling, Analysis and
Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems (MSWiM 2005) is intended
to provide an international forum for the discussion and presentation
of original ideas, recent results and achievements by researchers,
students, M&S and systems developers on issues and challenges related to
mobile and wireless systems.

MSWiM 2005 is a highly competitive, single-track conference. This
year's technical program includes (1) outstanding technical papers
with both theoretical and pratical results of significance on all aspects
of modeling and analysis of wireless and mobile systems,
(2) Two outstanding keynote speakers, (3) a challenging panel session
on Wireless Mesh Networks, (4) a poster session,
(5) two tutorials, and (4) three full-day workshops.

Please find below information concerning registration, hotel
accommodation, and a summary of MSWiM 2005 technical program.

We are looking forward to seeing in Montreal.

A. Boukerche and V. Leung
MSWiM 2005 General Co-Chairs

                        CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS

Technical Program and Registration information can be found at:
        http://www.cs.unibo.it/mswim2005

CONFERENCE HOTEL/VENUE:

Hyatt Regency Montreal  Hotel

CONFERENCE PROGRAM SUMMARY:
    2 Tutorials,  October 9th, 2005:

        * "Intermittently Connected Mobile Ad Hoc Networks and
           Delay Tolerant Networks: Overview and Challenges"
           Dr. Zhensheng Zhang, San Diego Research Center

        * "IP-Oriented QoS in the Next Generation Networks:
          Application to Wireless Networks"
          Dr. Pascal Lorenz, Universite de Haute Alsace, France

     2 Keynote Speakers:

        October 10th, 2005
        * Prof. Catherine Rosenberg, University of Waterloo, Canada
          "Cross-layer Interactions and Optimizations
           in Wireless Networks"

        October 11th, 2005
        * Prof. Ian F. Akyildiz, Georgia Insitute of Technology, USA
          "Grand Challenges For Wireless Sensor Networks"

    10 Technical sessions (October 10-12, 2005)
       covering topics of:
         Multi-hop Networks, Resource Allocations and
         Congestion Control, Network Connectivity and Radio Coverage
         Wireless Multimedia, MAC Protocols, Analysis of Wireless
         and Mobile Networks, Vehicular Networks,
         Wireless Sensor Networks, and Energy and power consumption.

     2 Walk-in Poster/Demos Sessions

     1 Conference Panel on:
         "Wireless Mesh Networking: Challenges and Opportunities"

     3 one-day ACM workshops on October 13, 2004:

         * Q2SWinet: 1st ACM Workshop on QoS and Security in
           Wireless and Mobile Networks

         * WMuNeP 2005: 1-st ACM Workshop on Wireless Multimedia
           Networking and Performance Modeling (WMuNeP 2005)

         * PE-WASUN 2005:  2-nd ACM Workshop on Performance
           Evaluation of Wireless Ad Hoc, Sensor,
           and Ubiquitous Networks