Re: [OAUTH-WG] Using Oauth2 token to SOAP web services

Torsten Lodderstedt <torsten@lodderstedt.net> Wed, 28 March 2012 06:26 UTC

From: Torsten Lodderstedt <torsten@lodderstedt.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 08:26:35 +0200
To: Guang Yang <guang.g.yang@oracle.com>, Jay Thorne <jthorne@layer7tech.com>
Cc: "oauth@ietf.org" <oauth@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] Using Oauth2 token to SOAP web services

Hi Grant,

did you consider to use the binary security token feature of WS-Security?

http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/specs/ws-security/ws-security.htm#ws-security__toc6201554

We use it for some services.

regards,
Torsten.

Guang Yang <guang.g.yang@oracle.com> schrieb:

Thank you. Actually I am looking for a standard spec defines how to put the access token in soap request. I know several vendors in the industry have their solution of it but none of them is following a public standardization. So could you please do me a favor on letting me know how your product does for soap? Appreciate for your help.

To the community, according recent emails back and force looks like we agree that it makes sense to have oauth enabled for soap, but nobody is giving a suggestion how to do it except using saml. I will appreciate to hear more suggestions before choosing a private way of my organization.

Thanks a lot,

Grant.

Oracle Communications, SDP