[rtcweb] Ben Campbell's Yes on draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-usage-24: (with COMMENT)

"Ben Campbell" <ben@nostrum.com> Tue, 09 June 2015 03:02 UTC

From: Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 20:02:46 -0700
Cc: rtcweb@ietf.org, draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-usage@ietf.org
Subject: [rtcweb] Ben Campbell's Yes on draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-usage-24: (with COMMENT)

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-usage-24: Yes

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-usage/

COMMENT:

I found this in general to be informative and well written, given the
rather large scope of information. I do have a few comments/questions:

Substantive:

-- 4.9: The discussion of RTCPeerConnection in this section seems to need
a normative reference to [W3C.WD-webrtc-20130910] (or a local
explanation, if there are issues normatively referencing that doc.)

-- 5.1: This section seems to need a normative reference to
topologies-update. There is normative language here to the effect of
“Don’t do these things” where it seems like one needs to read that doc to
understand what the “things” mean.

-- 7.1, first paragraph: "applications MUST also implement congestion
control to
   allow them to adapt to changes in network capacity."

   Is that the aformentioned not-yet-standardized congestion control
algorithm, or something else?

-- 11, 2nd paragraph from end:

It seems like the msid reference should be normative.

-- 12.1.3:

seems like a mention of draft-ietf-dart-dscp-rtp might be in order now.
IIRC, when I did a gen-art review on a much older version, the thought
was that if draft-ietf-dart-dscp-rtp was far enough along when it was
time to publish this draft, it would make sense to add a mention. It's in
the RFC editor queue now, in MISSREF on a dependency that I think this
draft shares.

-- 13: 3rd paragraph:

Isn't that security solution MTU as well as MTI? If so, it might be worth
mentioning it here.

Editorial:

-- 11, paragraph 3: "...can be feeding multiple..."

Consider "... can feed multiple ..."

paragraph 4: "This is motivating the discussion..."

consider "This motivates the discussion..."  (or possibly "motivated")

paragraph 5: "... each of different MediaStreamTracks ..."

missing "the"

paragraph 6: "... relay/forward ..."

consider "... relay or forward ..."

-- 12.1, last sentence "... ways in which WebRTC Endpoints can configure
and use
   RTP sessions is outlined."

s/is/are