[websec] Call for adoption: draft-ietf-websec-session-continue-prob-00

Yoav Nir <ynir@checkpoint.com> Mon, 08 July 2013 05:38 UTC

From: Yoav Nir <ynir@checkpoint.com>
To: IETF WebSec WG <websec@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 05:37:52 +0000
x-originating-ip: [172.31.24.110]
x-kse-antivirus-interceptor-info: protection disabled
x-cpdlp: 11224829e3e7ac92b6e03f1d303ddc61f0acb0259e
Subject: [websec] Call for adoption: draft-ietf-websec-session-continue-prob-00

Hi all

This has been submitted with a websec filename, but note that this is not (yet) on our charter.

At the Orlando meeting, we discussed some of the security issues with keeping HTTP sessions using cookies. There was consensus in the room that this is a problem that needs solving. Nicolas Williams, Phillip Hallam-Baker, and Yaron Sheffer volunteered to write a problem statement, and this is it. The message we got from our AD is that first we should show that the working group has the time and energy to work on solving this problem, and then we can add this to our charter.

So please have a look and this document, and answer the following:
 - Is this a good starting point for the problem statement?
 - Will you be willing to review the problem statement?
 - Will you be willing to read multiple solution proposals to help the working group choose?
 - Will you be willing to review the solution document?

We will have a chance to discuss this in Berlin, but it would be great if we have a rough measure of how much energy we have.

Thanks

Tobias and Yoav