NOTE: This charter is accurate as of the 29th IETF Meeting in Seattle. It
may now be out-of-date. (Consider this a "snapshot" of the working
group from that meeting.) Up-to-date charters for all active working
groups can be found elsewhere in this Web server.
RIP Version II (RIPV2) Charter
- Gary Malkin <email@example.com>
Mailing List Information
- General Discussion <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To Subscribe <email@example.com>
- Archive <xylogics.com:gmalkin/rip/rip-arc>
Description of Working Group
RIP Version 2 and the Version 2 MIB was approved as a Proposed
Standard in January 1993. They were published as RFC 1388 and RFC 1389.
Since the mimimum required period has elapsed for a protocol
to remain as a Proposed Standard, RIP V2 can now be considered for
advancement to Draft Standard.
The RIP Version 2 Working Group will prepare a recommendation to the
IESG evalating the standards track status of RIP Version 2 and the
RIP Version 2 MIB. The recommendation will document implementation,
interoperability and deployment experience as required by RFC 1264
``Routing Protocol Criteria.''
This group is chartered to prepare revisions of ``RIP Version 2''
(RFC 1388), ``RIP Version 2 MIB'' (RFC 1389), and the analysis
document (RFC 1387) if necessary.
The RIP Version 2 Working Group is further chartered to evaluate the
proposal for ``Routing over Demand Circuits using RIP'' for standards
Goals and Milestones
- Review of RIP-II Internet-Draft to ensure the additions are useful and backwards compatible. Also ensure that the additions cannot cause routing problems.
- Final review of RIP-II Internet-Draft and submission into the standards track. First review of RIP-II MIB.
- Review of implementations. Final review of MIB.
- Hold working group meetings to review RIP Version 2 implementations and make any changes needed to the specifications.
- Review the RIP over Demand Circuits Internet-Draft.
- Submit the RIP over Demand Circuits to the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard.
- Post as an Internet-Draft a report describing the implementation and operational experience of the RIP v2 protocol in accordance with the RFC 1264 ``Routing Protocol Criteria.''
- Mar 1994
- Submit the RIP Version 2 protocol to the IESG for consideration as a Draft Standard.
NOTE: The Internet-Draft(s) listed below may have been deleted
since they are only good for six months.
Request for Comments