NOTE: This charter is accurate as of the 30th IETF Meeting in Toronto. It
may now be out-of-date. (Consider this a "snapshot" of the working
group from that meeting.) Up-to-date charters for all active working
groups can be found elsewhere in this Web server.
Open Shortest Path First IGP (OSPF) Charter
Mailing List Information
- General Discussion <email@example.com>
- To Subscribe <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Archive <>
Description of Working Group
The OSPF Working Group will develop and field-test an SPF-based
Internal Gateway Protocol. The specification will be published and
written in such a way so as to encourage multiple vendor
Goals and Milestones
- Design the routing protocol, and write its specification.
- Develop multiple implementations, and test against each other.
- Obtain performance data for the protocol.
- Make changes to the specification (if necessary) and publish the protocol as a Draft Standard RFC.
- Gather operational experience with the OSPF protocol and submit the document as an informational RFC.
NOTE: The Internet-Draft(s) listed below may have been deleted
since they are only good for six months.
``OSPF Version 2 Management Information Base'', 07/15/1994, F. Baker, R. Coltun
``IP Forwarding Table MIB'', 07/15/1994, F. Baker
``OSPF Point-to-MultiPoint Interface'', 03/15/1994, F. Baker
``Extending OSPF to support demand circuits'', 05/04/1994, J. Moy
``OSPF MD5 Authentication'', 09/07/1994, F. Baker, R. Atkinson
Request for Comments