Network Training Materials (trainmat) Charter
NOTE: This charter is accurate as of the 32nd IETF Meeting in Danvers. It
may now be out-of-date. (Consider this a "snapshot" of the working
group from that meeting.) Up-to-date charters for all active working
groups can be found elsewhere in this Web server.
- Jill Foster <Jill.Foster@newcastle.ac.uk>
- Mark Prior <email@example.com>
- Margaret Isaacs <firstname.lastname@example.org>
User Services Area Director(s):
- Joyce Reynolds <email@example.com>
Mailing List Information
- General Discussion:firstname.lastname@example.org
- To Subscribe: email@example.com
- In Body: subscribe network-training-tf firstname lastna
- Archive: ftp://mailbase.ac.uk/pub/lists/network-training-tf/archives/
Description of Working Group
Widespread familiarity with global network services and competence in
using them brings benefit to individual users, enriches the information
skills and resources of the community and optimizes the return in
investment in networked services.
The Network Training Materials Working Group is chartered to enable the
research community to make better use of the networked services.
Towards this end, the working group will work to provide a mix of
training materials for the broad academic community which will:
(1) enable user support staff to train users to use the networked services,
and (2) provide users with self-paced learning material. In the first
instance, it will not deal with operational training.
This working group is the IETF component of a joint TERENA/IETF group
working on network training materials.
The working group will create a catalogue of existing network training
materials (using the IAFA style Data Elements where appropriate),
identify the gaps in network training materials and work to identify
the problems associated with hands on training workshops using
networked services providing a real service.
Goals and Milestones
- First working group meeting. Review and approve the charter with a review of documents and materials to be written.
- Post the catalogue of training materials as an Internet-Draft.
- Jul 95
- Submit the catalogue of training materials for review and publication as an Informational RFC.
No Request for Comments