Realtime Traffic Flow Measurement (rtfm) Charter
NOTE: This charter is accurate as of the 37th IETF Meeting in San Jose. It
may now be out-of-date. (Consider this a "snapshot" of the working
group from that meeting.) Up-to-date charters for all active working
groups can be found elsewhere in this Web server.
- Nevil Brownlee <email@example.com>
- Barry Greene <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sig Handelman <email@example.com>
Operational Requirements Area Director(s):
- Scott Bradner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Michael O'Dell <email@example.com>
- Mike O'Dell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mailing List Information
- General Discussion:email@example.com
- To Subscribe: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Body: subscribe rtfm your-email-address
- Archive: ftp://ftp.auckland.ac.nz/pub/rtfm/archive
Description of Working Group
This working group has three main objectives:
o Review existing work in traffic flow measurement, including that of
the RMON and Internet Accounting working groups and published work
from independent researchers.
o Produce an improved Traffic Flow Model considering at least the
- efficient hardware implementation
- effect of IPv6 on traffic measurement
- extension of the accounting model to widen the
range of measurable quantities
- simpler ways to specify flows of interest
- maintain existing focus on data reduction capabilities
o Develop the Flow Meter MIB as a 'standards track' document with the
Goals and Milestones
- Feb 96
- Submit set of revised Internet-Drafts and of RFC1272 to the IESG for considertation as Experimental Protocols.
- Mar 96
- Produce outline for "New Traffic Flow Model" document
- Jul 96
- Submit "New Traffic Flow Model" document as an Internet-Draft, and begin working on an implementation document.
- Jul 96
- Submit Internet-Draft on Flow Meter MIB.
- Nov 96
- Submit "New Traffic Flow Model" to the IESG to be considered for publication as an RFC.
- Nov 96
- Submit Implementation document as an Internet-Draft.
- Mar 97
- Submit Implementation Internet-Draft to the IESG to be considered for publication as an RFC.
No Request for Comments