Bridge MIB () Charter
NOTE: This charter is accurate as of the 38th IETF Meeting in Memphis, Tennessee. It
may now be out-of-date. (Consider this a "snapshot" of the working
group from that meeting.) Up-to-date charters for all active working
groups can be found elsewhere in this Web server.
- Fred Baker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Operational Requirements Area Director(s):
- Scott Bradner <email@example.com>
- Michael O'Dell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Deirdre Kostick <email@example.com>
Mailing List Information
- General Discussion:firstname.lastname@example.org
- To Subscribe: email@example.com
Description of Working Group
The Bridge MIB Working Group is chartered to define a set of managed
objects that instrument devices that conform to the IEEE 802.1
standard for MAC-layer bridges.
This set of objects should be largely compliant with (and even draw
from) IEEE 802.1(b), although there is no requirement that any
specific object be present or absent.
The MIB object definitions produced will be for use by SNMP and will
be consistent with other SNMP objects, standards, and conventions.
Goals and Milestones
- Publish initial proposal.
- Submit an Internet-Draft.
- Submit draft for RFC publication.
- Publish a draft revision to RFC 1286 that reflects implementation experience and the result of alignments with IEEE work as an Internet-Draft.
- Publish a draft SNMP MIB that instruments functions specific to source routed bridges as an Internet-Draft.
- Submit a draft MIB for source routing bridge functions to the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard.
No Current Internet-Drafts
Request for Comments