Web Transaction Security () Charter
NOTE: This charter is accurate as of the 38th IETF Meeting in Memphis, Tennessee. It
may now be out-of-date. (Consider this a "snapshot" of the working
group from that meeting.) Up-to-date charters for all active working
groups can be found elsewhere in this Web server.
- Charlie Kaufman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Security Area Director(s):
- Jeffrey Schiller <email@example.com>
Mailing List Information
- General Discussion:firstname.lastname@example.org
- To Subscribe: email@example.com
- Archive: http://www-ns.rutgers.edu/www-security
Description of Working Group
The goal of the Web Transaction Security Working Group is to develop
requirements and a specification for the provision of security services
to Web transaction, e.g., transactions using HyperText Transport Protocol
(HTTP). This work will proceed in parallel to and independently of the
development of non-security features in the HTTP Working Group. The
working group will prepare two documents for submission as Internet
Drafts; an HTTP Security Requirements Specification, and an HTTP
Security Protocol Specification. The latter will be submitted as a
Standards Track RFC.
Goals and Milestones
- HTTP Security Requirements submitted as Internet-Draft.
- Jul 95
- HTTP Security Requirements finalized at the Stockholm IETF. Submit HTTP Security Specification proposal(s) as Internet-Drafts.
- Dec 95
- HTTP Security Specification finalized at the Dallas IETF, submit to IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard.
Request for Comments