Last Modifield: 06/07/2002
The goals of this working group are: 1. Define and develop a standard virtual router redundancy protocol for IPv4 and IPv6.
2. Develop VRRP MIB(s).
3. Separate specifications will be developed for IPv4 and IPv6.
4. Determine whether static (configuration based) load sharing is adequate or if some amount of dynamic load sharing is required.
5. Working group will examine security issues to determine what security threats it is appropriate for the VRRP protocol to handle and include the appropriate mechanisms in the VRRP protocol.
6. The internet draft "Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol"
7. Intellectual property issues regarding the technology to
develop a virtual router redundancy protocol will be identified
Goals and Milestones:
JUN 97 Charter Working Group JUL 97 Issue new Internet Drafts for IPv4 version of the protocol. AUG 97 Review and finalize IPv4 Internet Drafts. AUG 97 Resolve any intellectual property issues regarding
protocol. AUG 97 Issue Internet Draft for IPv6 version of VRRP. SEP 97 Submit revised IPv4 Internet Drafts to IESG for proposed
standard. OCT 97 Issue revised draft for IPv6 version of VRRP. OCT 97 Issue VRRP MIB drafts. DEC 97 Finalize MIB draft and submit to IESG. DEC 97 Review and finalize IPv6 Internet Drafts. JAN 98 Submit revised IPv6 Internet Drafts to IESG for proposed
Request For Comments:
RFC Status Title RFC2338 PS Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol RFC2787 PS Definitions of Managed Objects for the Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol using SNMPv2
Current Meeting ReportNone received.
7. Intellectual property issues regarding the technology to develop a virtual router redundancy protocol will be identified and addressed.