Webpush (IETF 91 - Honolulu, USA) -- Tuesday 11 November 2014 1520-1720
Note takers: Ben Campbell
Write up a proposal for push ack?
- Add some example for data passed between the app and the app server (passing channel/subscription url)
- Eventually add some text / guidance on what subscription message will contain
- Subscription validity etc need to be clarified
Keep on working on the draft.
- Status and Agenda Bashing -- 10 min (Chairs)
Chairs ask how many people understand what the WG does on a 0-10 level indicating using both hands. A few people indicated they fully understand showing 10 fingers. Chairs indicate a desire that everyone can be at 7-10 by end of meeting.
- Overview & History (Dan Druta) -- 15 min
Dan presents some background and use cases, along with some high level expectations and history.
call for questions
- Generic Event Delivery Using HTTP Push (Martin Thomson)
Issue: Is it okay to tie this to HTTP2?
Chair Guidance: Continue on current path, get more concrete, then have a foodfight.
Issue: any guidance on content, authn, etc?
Securing web push through Skullduggery
The Bike Shed
W3C likely to delegate protection container to IETF.
Authentication of app server
Chairs: Who plans to implement:
*** Light smattering of hands.
Chair: Anyone willing to submit text
*** several hands.
- MPEG DASH Requirements for a webpush Protocol (Ali Begen)
seeking guidance from working group.
- AoB and Open Discussion -- Any remaining time and energy
Chairs: If people have other use cases (even beyond core), please bring up on list.
Chair: Need to see more engagement on list about Martin's draft.