MBONE Deployment (mboned)
Interim Meeting of March 1, 2012
Additional information is available at tools.ietf.org/wg/mboned
No Current Internet-Drafts
No Request for Comments
Charter (as of 2013-02-06):
The MBONE Deployment Working Group is a forum for coordinating
the deployment, engineering, and operation of multicast routing
protocols and procedures in the global Internet. This activity will
include, but not be limited to:
- Documenting deployment of multicast routing in the global Internet.
- Receive regular reports on the current state of the deployment of
multicast technology. Create "practice and experience" documents that
capture the experience of those who have deployed and are deploying
various multicast technologies.
- Based on reports and other information, provide feedback to other
relevant working groups.
- Develop mechanisms and procedures for sharing operational
information to aid in operation of the multicast backbones and
- Update RFC 3171/BCP 51 based on experience.
- Develop a roadmap informational RFC that describes the current
IPv4 and IPv6 IETF multicast architectures, including
references to the relevant IETF documents and guidance for
implementers and network operators.
- Complete the MSDP MIB
This is not meant to be a protocol development Working Group.