WebEx for Working Groups
IETF has one WebEx account that is available for use by Working Group chairs to facilitate IETF work. To request
use of one of these WebEx accounts, please fill out the form below to send your request to the secretariat.
WebEx meetings are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please be sure to submit your request for WebEx to the secretariat at least 72 hours before your meeting is
scheduled. Note that official WG conference calls and jabber sessions must be announced at least two weeks
prior to the event, as per the IESG statement "Guidance
on Interim Meetings, Conference Calls and Jabber Sessions."
Please note that toll-free access is available within the United States only. International callers will need
to use toll numbers or connect to the U.S. toll-free number using Skype or a similar service.
Setting Up and Starting Your Meeting
- Contact the secretariat to request a WebEx session by filling out the online form here: http://www.ietf.org/private/webex-request.html. You
will receive an automatic response letting you know that your request has been received by the secretariat.
- The secretariat will contact you by email to let you know whether or not your WebEx request can be accommodated. If
WebEx is available, the secretariat will send you an email with instructions for accessing the WebEx that
you will need to forward to all of your meeting participants.
- The secretariat will also send you the Host information for your WebEx meeting. You will
need to use the link in the host email to start your meeting, and you will need the "host key" to claim host privileges once your meeting begins. Detailed instructions are available for download (PDF) here. We strongly suggest that you review these instructions before attempting to start your meeting.
- To share a document, go to the Share menu and choose "Presentation or Document…"
- To record the meeting, go to the Meeting menu and choose "Start Recording."
- To make another participant the presenter (allowing them to share documents), click on the participant's
name, and then from the Participant menu, choose "Change Role To => Presenter."
- To mute a participant's audio, click on the participant's name and click on the microphone icon. (Click
the icon again to unmute.)
- For more WebEx help, please see http://www.webex.com/how-it-works/index.html.