NOTE: This FAQ will be updated as new information is available. Questions or suggestions are always welcome at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated 2022-09-07
When is meeting registration open?
Registration for the IETF 115 meeting opened 22 August.
Why do I need to sign into Datatracker to register?
All participants, onsite and remote, will need to use Meetecho, the IETF’s meeting platform, which is accessed via Datatracker authentication. We ask you sign in at registration to ensure that your Meetecho login process goes smoothly during the meeting. If you don’t already have a Datatracker account, you can easily create an account free of charge.
What else do I have to agree to when I register for onsite participation?
You must also agree to the following statement:
☑️ I will take necessary precautions while attending IETF 115, including complying with all COVID-related requirements that apply to the event venue or that are otherwise communicated to me by the IETF. While taking such precautions may reduce risk, any in person participation includes possible exposure to, and illness from, infectious diseases. By choosing to attend IETF 115 in person, I knowingly and freely assume all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID, even if arising from the negligence or fault of the IETF LLC, or its agents or partners. Further, I waive and release IETF LLC, and its contractors, agents and partners from and against claims arising from injury, loss, sickness or death from contraction or spread of COVID or other communicable disease due to travel to or attendance at an event hosted by the IETF.
Are fee waivers available for IETF 115?
Yes, fee waivers are available for remote participants and you can request your fee waiver here.
Changes and Cancellation
Can I change registration types (e.g. from onsite to remote)?
Yes, absolutely. Anyone who registers as an onsite participant and then needs to participate remotely will get the same fee tier when they convert their registration. For example, if you register and pay for onsite participation during the early bird registration period and then need to convert that to remote participation, you will get the early bird remote participation fee rate even if we are one week from the meeting. To change your registration type, please email email@example.com and the Secretariat will help you convert your registration.
Will my meeting registration be refunded if the situation changes close to the meeting?
If the IETF determines that 115 can no longer be held as a hybrid meeting with participants onsite in London, we will refund all Onsite Registrations and you will have the option to register as a Remote Participant.
Will my hotel reservation be refunded if I can no longer travel to the meeting?
If you are staying at the Hilton London Metropole, please review the guest room cancellation terms provided during the booking process for details. If you are staying at another property, you should closely review their terms.
We recommend that onsite participants consider travel insurance for IETF 115.
What will the meeting schedule be?
Exact details of the daily schedule and the scheduling of other meeting related activities are still under development and will be announced as they are confirmed.
How has onsite participation in working sessions changed?
There are a number of changes to the pre-COVID model of onsite participation. There is a new separate version of Meetecho for onsite participation designed for mobile and with no sound/video capabilities.
- You will need to use the new Meetecho to sign the bluesheets
- You will need to join the Meetecho queue in order to speak at the microphone instead of just queuing at the mic
- Remote chairs will be able to share and control slides from Meetecho
- Onsite speakers will be able to share and control slides from the new Meetecho
- You will be able to use the new Meetecho to participate in the session chat
Can I test this new Meetecho before the meeting?
Yes. There will be a number of opportunities to prepare for IETF 115 ahead of the meeting. Details will be made available in the coming weeks.
Will there be any change for remote participants?
Yes. With the changes to onsite participation we expect a number of the recurring concerns of remote participants, such as queue/microphone management, to have been mitigated.
Are session chairs or speakers required to participate in person?
No. Onsite participation is not required for anyone, including session chairs. Chairs will be able to use Meetecho to chair their sessions remotely. Training sessions and online guides will be available for chairs (onsite and remote), speakers, and all participants.
Travel and Venue
What COVID-related measures are in place for travel and at the meeting venue?
For COVID-related information about travel to and at the venue, see the COVID Measures section of this FAQ.
What food options are available at the hotel?
The meeting hotel has several dining options, with further information to be published in the coming weeks.
Where can I find more information about the venue and its surroundings?
A map of local recommendations will provide pointers to walkable beverage and dining options, delivery food options, and other locations. This map will be shared in the coming weeks.
What are the COVID-specific requirements within the United Kingdom?
There are currently no COVID-specific requirements for entry to the United Kingdom as per the Official United Kingdom COVID travel guidance.
Within the UK, COVID-specific requirements are rarely encountered other than in medical facilities and private gatherings such as conferences. For further information, we recommend the Official Public Health COVID resources.
What is the COVID management policy for onsite participation?
- Masks must be worn in meeting rooms and are recommended for common areas but not required.
- In meeting rooms, masks may briefly be removed for eating and drinking, but that cannot be an excuse to leave them off for long periods.
- In meeting rooms, active speakers, defined as those who are at the front of the room presenting or speaking in the mic queue, can remove their mask while speaking.
- No exemptions for mask wearing, medical or otherwise, will be allowed.
- Masks must be equivalent to N95/FFP2 or better, and free masks will be provided.
- Participants are required to declare at registration time that either they are vaccinated against COVID or that they are unable to to be vaccinated for medical reasons. Note, this is a single declaration, not two, so that we do not identify those who are unvaccinated.
- Tests are not required, but are recommended and free self-tests will be provided.
- No social distancing is enforced, though rooms will be laid out with greater space between seats than pre-pandemic and free social-distancing comfort badges will be provided (see below)
If you have feedback on this policy, please provide it to firstname.lastname@example.org
What COVID mitigation services are provided onsite?
The following are available at the registration desk, throughout the course of the meeting:
- Free FFP2 masks in a variety of colours. We also have clips available for those who find the masks too tight. Please feel free to take a new mask each day or more often if you prefer.
- Free COVID rapid antigen tests. When we put these out on the tables they disappear quickly so you may need to ask at registration.
- Free social distancing badges. These are:
- Red to indicate that you want those around you to keep their distance. No handshakes.
- Yellow to indicate that you are cautious. No handshakes but possible elbow bumps.
- Green to indicate that you are not concerned about social distancing.
- IETF-provided food and beverage service will be self-serve, buffet-style, as is the typical practice. Hand sanitizing stations will be available near all food service and we ask that participants sanitize their hands prior to taking food or drink.
What happens if I test positive for COVID or experience symptoms of COVID when I’m attending IETF 115?
If you receive a positive test result or suspect that you are positive for COVID-19, please return to your hotel room and contact the Secretariat at email@example.com. The Secretariat can provide antigen tests to anyone who needs one.
We recommend that you have insurance in case you are required to quarantine longer than your expected stay and therefore incur additional cost. If this is not possible or there are complications then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to see what support and assistance we can provide.