Subject: Two small changes in msg-fmt

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 12:53:35 -0500

Here are a couple of outstanding things that are the result of some 
private comments I've gotten during last call and that I plan to put 
in the post-last-call revision. Say something if any of these are 
controversial:

1. NO-WS-CTL includes ASCII 127, so there's no need to explicitly put 
ASCII 127 in rules that contain NO-WS-CTL (ctext, dtext, and qtext). 
I pulled them out.

2. unstructured now allows lines made up entirely of WS. Unlike other 
places in the ABNF, it's pretty easy to express that it shouldn't. So 
I'm proposing changing unstructured to:

utext           =       NO-WS-CTL /     ; Non white space controls
                         %d33-126 /      ; The rest of the US-ASCII

unstructured    =       *([FWS] utext) [FWS]

If these two changes are OK, I'll post them to the last call list.

pr
-- 
Pete Resnick <mailto:[email-masked]>
Eudora Engineering - QUALCOMM Incorporated
Ph: (217)337-6377 or (619)651-4478, Fax: (619)651-1102