Subject: [Fwd: ISN]

From: Will Mullaney <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 13:01:45 -0400

Subject: Re: ISN
From: Will Mullaney <[email-masked]>
To: "Edwin H. Gragert" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 12:57:06 -0400

Yes, the ISN working group has it's own listserv ect.  If I remember
correctly, ISN is the IETF's working group for schools.  It's purpose is/was
to show schools the benefits of having internet access, how to actually get
internet access, security and other issues involved, etc.  It has produced 3
RFC's, and if memory serves they were pretty good for their time but are now
outdated.  They have a couple of other goals that were supposed to be
completed by 1995, but it seems to have died off.  Anyway, if anyone has
heard from the chairs, I'd be interested to here what's going on.  If not,
perhaps anyone left should try to revise the RFC's and complete the goals.
Anyone interested?

-Will

Edwin H. Gragert wrote:

> Hello Will,
>
> I did not realize that I was even responding to a list.
> I assumed the person before was asking to be subscribed to
> an I*EARN list.  Sorry for this intrusion.
>
> It has been so long that I did not recognize the address
> of the list in the cc list.
>
> In fact, I don't even remember subscribing to the isn-wg
> list.  Can you refresh my memory re its purpose.  I guess
> if I have to ask this question, it's fairly moribund.
>
> Let me know how/if I can help.
>
> Ed Gragert
> I*EARN
>

---

From: Renee Gates <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 06:00:54 -0700

Good Morning,

    I am one of the persons who subscribed to the ISN listserv.  I was very
disappointed to learn that the group was no longer functioning.  I am very
interested in supporting and promoting the goals that were originally set by
this group.  As a trainer I have found it very
disturbing to learn that technology is not being properly or effectively used in
may of our classrooms, especially those in urban settings.  If their are others
interested in resurrecting the ISN working group, I would be glad to help.

Renee Gates - President
The KJR Group

Will Mullaney wrote:

>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Subject: Re: ISN
> References: <[email-masked]>
>

---

From: Will Mullaney <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 17:19:42 -0400

Yes, I am interested in restarting the ISN, maybe with some modified goals, and
getting it done with/up to speed atleast.

Is anyone else interested?

-Will

---

From: Lim Fung <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 09:32:09 +0800 (SGT)

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998, Will Mullaney wrote:

| Yes, I am interested in restarting the ISN, maybe with some modified goals, and
| getting it done with/up to speed atleast.
| 
| Is anyone else interested?

Definitely - we've found that the documentation, RFCs, etc drafted up
previously was really useful and it would be good to keep them updated. 

Over here we have been spearheading IT projects for the disabled. If ur
are interested ur can take a look;

http://share.org.sg/enable2000/

rgds,

-Lim Fung