Subject: ISN-WG Rebirth

From: Renee Gates <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 21:56:16 -0700

Hello Everyone,
    I'm glad to see that the dialog on ISN seems to be heading in right
direction.  Let me say that even though the ISN's charter was written
several years ago, many of the issues are still very real ones for a lot
of school districts.  The biggest hurdle that many of these districts
will have to address is funding.  Once that's solved then safety,
acceptable use polices, teacher training, etc. can be tackled.

I have had the opportunity in recent months to interface with elementary
students and their
teachers when I was conducting some introductory computer and Internet
training classes.
The students are eager to learn, the resources are limited and the
teachers are unsure how to incorporate the technology into the
classroom.

So much for my two cents.....look forward to hearing from you

Renee Gates,  President
The KJR Group
   and
Part-time Instructor
St. Louis Community College at Forest Park - Harrison Education Center