Subject: I*EARN Information

From: [email-masked] (Edwin H. Gragert)
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 98 18:52:46

Hello Scott,

You write:
>subscribe isn-wg
>-------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>Scott Knell                                   
>Higher Education Marketing Manager
>Education Market Development Group             
>Cisco Systems

Thanks for your interest in I*EARN.  Although you have asked
to be "subscribed" to I*EARN, we don't use listserves because
we have found them to be very difficult for students to use
internationally to conduct educational project work.

We primarily use threaded newsgroups.

As the world's largest K-12 network of educators conducting
collaborative projects, we would be very open to talking
to you about working together -- both with Cisco and with
NASA.  We currently have I*EARN members in most states and
in 47 countries.

More importantly, we have I*EARN organizations in most of
these countries so that there is an administrative and programmatic
support structure for the teachers there.  This takes the
hassles out of trying to find project partners for US teachers
because they need only to join the I*EARN community.

We are holding the 1998 Annual I*EARN conference in Chattanooga,
Tennessee in July (first time in the USA).  Educators from
over 40 countries will attend.  Info on the conference is
at:  http://www.iearn.org/Chattanooga98.html

I would welcome a chance to talk to you about collaboration,

Regards,

Ed Gragert, PhD

Ed Gragert
I*EARN-USA -- International Education and Resource Network
http://www.iearn.org/

	   ***Linking Communities to Make a Difference***

 Join us at I*EARN's Fifth Annual International Conference
					
		July 11-18, 1998 in Chattanooga TN, USA
		http://www.iearn.org/Chattanooga98.html