Subject: Re: ISN

From: "avri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 17:01:57 -0400

>If I remember
>correctly, ISN is the IETF's working group for schools.
>
>Anyway, if anyone has
>heard from the chairs, I'd be interested to here what's going on.  If not,
>perhaps anyone left should try to revise the RFC's and complete the goals.
>Anyone interested?

perhaps the new IETF AD for User Services, the area responsible for the
group, has some plans for it.   i am trying to remember, did the ISN wg even
meet in LA?

as for revising the goals.  any suggestion as to what they should be today.
is their anything that the ietf can do for schools? or this being handled
better by governments, consortia and  service providers.  what do schools
need that the IETF could possibly provide?

avri

ps. i was shocked to get mail on this list, it had been dormant for so very
long.