Subject: [Anima-signaling] Protocol: Name, github, -04A version for review

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 08:30:10 +1200

Hi,

I've done some work on the protocol draft following recent discussions.
At the moment it is still called GDNP - if people are unhappy with that,
we could consider changing the name to GRASP (GeneRic Autonomic Signaling
Protocol) which is a bit more general. ("GASP" has already been used by
the IEEE for something else.)

==> Please say if you think we should change the name.

More substantively, I have put a "04A" version at a newly created
Github repository: https://github.com/becarpenter/animaproto

I will gladly add the design team members as collaborators on that repository.

==> Please send me your Github ID if you have one.

There's the latest XML file, a "frozen" text file named *-04A
(the next one would be *-04B, etc.) and diffs against the -03 version.

The change log so far:

   Tuned wording around hierarchical structure.

   Changed "device" to "ASA" in many places.  Reformulated requirements
   etc. to be clear that the ASA is the customer for signaling.

   Requirements expanded and rearranged following design team
   discussion.

   Clarified that GDNP discovery must not be a prerequisite for GDNP
   negotiation or synchronization (resolved issue 13).

   Specified flag bits for objective options (resolved issue 15).

   Clarified usage of ACP vs TLS/DTLS and TCP vs UDP (resolved issues
   9,10,11).

   Editorial improvements.

Hmm. The issues list handling needs to be improved (the resolved issues
are now hidden in XML comments).

==> Please review the draft in detail and comment.

     Brian

---

From: Jéferson Campos Nobre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 15:19:49 -0300

Hi Brian.

> ==> Please say if you think we should change the name.

I am ok with the current name and the new one... In any case, I don't
know who is unhappy with GDNP :)

> ==> Please send me your Github ID if you have one.

My github ID is jcnobre.

> _______________________________________________
> Anima-signaling mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/anima-signaling

---

From: Sheng Jiang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 06:31:06 +0000

In lines,

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Anima-signaling [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
>Of Brian E Carpenter
>Sent: Monday, May 18, 2015 4:30 AM
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: [Anima-signaling] Protocol: Name, github, -04A version for review
>
>Hi,
>

In comparing, GRASP does not restrict functionality to only negotiation and discovery. So, it has my vote, also I can live with the old one.

>==> Please send me your Github ID if you have one.

I'd like to get the access too. My github id is shengjiang.

>   Clarified usage of ACP vs TLS/DTLS and TCP vs UDP (resolved issues

Thanks for your work as editor and leader for the signaling design team.

Best regards,

Sheng

---

From: "Liubing (Leo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 06:50:47 +0000

Hi Brian,

I think the name "GDNP" is good.
And my Github ID is: liubingpang

Many thanks.

Best regards,
Bing

> At the moment it is still called GDNP - if people are unhappy with that, we
> could consider changing the name to GRASP (GeneRic Autonomic Signaling
> Protocol) which is a bit more general. ("GASP" has already been used by the
> IEEE for something else.)
> 

> More substantively, I have put a "04A" version at a newly created Github
> repository: https://github.com/becarpenter/animaproto
> 
> There's the latest XML file, a "frozen" text file named *-04A (the next one
> would be *-04B, etc.) and diffs against the -03 version.
> 
> The change log so far:
> 
> Hmm. The issues list handling needs to be improved (the resolved issues are
> now hidden in XML comments).
>