Subject: [Geopriv] Radius-Geopriv: Location Types

From: Tschofenig Hannes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:06:13 +0100

hi all, 

the draft version currently defines its own list of location types. jari
proposed to reuse the same registration as provided in
draft-ietf-simple-rpid-04.txt. i was already in contact with henning to
align the rpid location-type values with the geopriv-radius draft. 

during the geopriv working group meeting we had a chance to discuss this
issue and allison proposed to create a separate draft which contains the
registry to avoid the dependency on the rpid draft.

we followed this suggestion and submit a draft which defines a registry for
these location types. see
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-location-types-regist
ry-00.txt. 

the next radius-geopriv version will reference this document. 

additionally it was suggested to have more than one location type being set
(as used in the rpid draft). i think that this makes sense. 

ciao
hannes

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 17:18:41 +0200

> the next radius-geopriv version will reference this document. 

Great!

I have read your document, and it looks ready. Just one
minor nit in the IANA considerations section:

>    Usage of these tokens is not limited to XML.  However, it is expected
>    that XML imposes the most restrictions on the allowable syntax and
>    thus all tokens must conform to the rules for XML Names.

I wonder how the IANA is going to evaluate this (or do they need to?).
How about putting in a reference to where XML Names are defined, or
possibly including an ABNF on allowable syntax?

--Jari

---

From: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 02:45:39 -0500

>>    thus all tokens must conform to the rules for XML Names.

Good catch!

> possibly including an ABNF on allowable syntax?

Hannes, was the intent that these tokens be XML element names or XML 
element content?

-andy