Subject: [Geopriv] Fwd: Re: [sipcore] Inequalities for filters

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 14:14:18 -0600

FYI -- In response to Brian's question to SIPCORE, I added these 
additional parameters/qualifications to the question.

>Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 14:10:45 -0600
>To: Brian Rosen <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
>From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Re: [sipcore] Inequalities for filters
>
>Along this topic, and what was discussed in my review of the 
>loc-filters-07 ID, is what happens if a target moves by a fixed 
>amount (i.e., it has changed locations by the preset number of 
>meters).  The example is if a target moves by 3 meters since the 
>last notification, send a new notification of this movement.
>
>This lead to the idea of a target moving much more than 3m, but by, 
>say, 100m.  Does a notification now get sent at 3m. 6m, 9m, 12m ... 
>99m, but not the last 1m, because it hasn't reacted the threshold of 
>3m increments.
>
>This lead to the idea that perhaps this target is accelerating. Is 
>this of value, and should this be determined by the target (which 
>senses or is told which increment is has moved) or determined by 
>calculation by the recipient that the target is moving at a faster 
>or slower pace or speed.
>
>This is not exactly a slippery slope of new things to track, but it 
>isn't a single value IMO either.
>
>James
>
>At 01:28 PM 11/13/2009, Brian Rosen wrote:
>>The current filter specs allow "changed by" semantics, a delta on the last
>>value.  In location, we ran across the need to know when speed was exceeded
>>by some value.  This is not a delta, it's a comparison against a fixed
>>quantity.
>>
>>What is the appetite of the work group to add a generalized inequality,
>>based on the basic "changed by" syntax, that covers the obvious greater
>>than, less than, equals, not equals, greater than or equal to...?  You get a
>>notify when the condition is met.
>>
>>This would be a short draft.
>>
>>Brian
>>
>>
>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>sipcore mailing list
>>[email-masked]
>>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipcore
>
>_______________________________________________
>sipcore mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipcore