Subject: [http-state] 15-day Public Review for SAML 2.0 Session Token Profile Version 1.0

From: Chet Ensign <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 18:21:23 -0400

The OASIS Security Services (SAML) TC [1] members have produced an
updated Committee Specification Draft (CSD) and submitted this
specification for 15-day public review:

SAML 2.0 Session Token Profile Version 1.0
Committee Specification Draft 02 / Public Review Draft 02
13 May 2011

Specification Overview:
Web Servers and Application Servers generally maintain security state
information for currently active users, particularly once some type of
authentication has occurred. This specification defines a format for
communicating such security session state based on the OASIS SAML
Assertion. It also specifies two different mechanisms for
communicating this information between servers via a standard Web
browser.

TC Description:
The Security Services TC is currently developing a number of
specification which build on the SAML 2.0 OASIS Standard and specify
its use in a variety of contexts.

Public Review Period:
The 15-day public review starts Monday, 11 July 2011 and ends Tuesday,
26 July 2011. The specification was previously submitted for a 30-day
public review on 01 April 2011 [2]. This 15-day review is limited in
scope to changes made from the previous review.

This is an open invitation to comment. OASIS solicits feedback from
potential users, developers and others, whether OASIS members or not,
for the sake of improving the interoperability and quality of its
technical work.

URIs:
The prose specification document and related files are available here:

Editable source (Authoritative):
http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/Post2.0/saml-session-token/v1.0/csprd02/saml-session-token-v1.0-csprd02.odt

PDF:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/Post2.0/saml-session-token/v1.0/csprd02/saml-session-token-v1.0-csprd02.pdf:

HTML:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/Post2.0/saml-session-token/v1.0/csprd02/saml-session-token-v1.0-csprd02.html

XML Schema:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/Post2.0/saml-session-token/v1.0/csprd02/xsd/saml-session-token-v1.0-metadata.xsd

ZIP distribution package:
For your convenience, OASIS provides a complete package of the prose
specification and related files in a ZIP distribution file. You can
download the ZIP file here:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/Post2.0/saml-session-token/v1.0/csprd02/saml-session-token-v1.0-csprd02.zip

Additional information about this specification and the OASIS Security
Services (SAML) TC may be found on the TC's public home page located
at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/

Comments may be submitted to the TC by any person through the use of
the OASIS TC Comment Facility which can be accessed via the button
labeled "Send A Comment" at the top of the TC public home page, or
directly at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/comments/index.php?wg_abbrev=security

Feedback submitted by TC non-members for this work and for other work
of this TC is publicly archived and can be viewed at:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services-comment/

All comments submitted to OASIS are subject to the OASIS Feedback
License, which ensures that the feedback you provide carries the same
obligations at least as the obligations of the TC members. In
connection with this public review of 'SAML 2.0 Session Token Profile
Version 1.0', we call your attention to the OASIS IPR Policy [3]
applicable especially [4] to the work of this technical committee. All
members of the TC should be familiar with this document, which may
create obligations regarding the disclosure and availability of a
member's patent, copyright, trademark and license rights that read on
an approved OASIS specification. OASIS invites any persons who know of
any such claims to disclose these if they may be essential to the
implementation of the above specification, so that notice of them may
be posted to the notice page for this TC's work.

========== Additional references:

[1] OASIS Security Services (SAML) TC
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/

[2] Previous public review (01 April 2011 through 01 May 2011)
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/201104/msg00000.html

[3] http://www.oasis-open.org/who/intellectualproperty.php

[4] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ws-calendar/ipr.php
http://www.oasis-open.org/who/intellectualproperty.php#s10.2.2
RF on RAND
Best Regards,

/chet
----------------
Chet Ensign
Director of Standards Development and TC Administration
OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information society
http://www.oasis-open.org

Primary: +1 973-378-3472
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that
generates this mail. Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/portal/my_workgroups.php

-- 

/chet
----------------
Chet Ensign
Director of Standards Development and TC Administration
OASIS: Advancing open standards for the information society
http://www.oasis-open.org

Primary: +1 973-378-3472
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393

Follow OASIS on:
LinkedIn:    http://linkd.in/OASISopen
Twitter:        http://twitter.com/OASISopen
Facebook:  http://facebook.com/oasis.open