Subject: RE: Browser support for request pipelining

From: Miles Sabin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 14:04:06 -0000

Scott Lawrence wrote,
> I found that by rummaging around in the Web Characterization 
> Activity area of the W3C web site [2].
>
> [1] http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~cao/papers/persistent-connection.html

I've seen that, but it's dated Dec 9 1998, so things might have
changed since then.

-- 
Miles Sabin                       Cromwell Media
Internet Systems Architect        5/6 Glenthorne Mews
+44 (0)20 8817 4030               London, W6 0LJ, England
[email-masked]          http://www.cromwellmedia.com/

---

From: "Yngve N. Pettersen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 15:43:36 +0100

At 19:08 20.01.00 -0000, Miles Sabin wrote:
>Does anybody have any stats on which or how many, if any, 
>mainstream browsers will pipeline requests over a persistent 
>connection as per RFC2616 8.1.1.

Opera v4.0 supports HTTP 1.1 persistent connections and pipelining of
requests.

Opera v4 is presently being tested by our beta test group, but we expect a
public beta to be released soon.

Sincerely,
Yngve N. Pettersen

********************************************************************
Web-sites:       http://www.opera.no
                 http://www.opera.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Yngve Nysaeter Pettersen             Phone:  +47 23 23 48 88
Opera Software AS                    Fax:    +47 23 23 48 70
Waldemar Thranes gt. 86 B, 
0175 OSLO, Norway                    Email:  [email-masked]
********************************************************************
*                     Opera v3.61 out now.                         *
********************************************************************