Subject: Re: [hybi] thewebsocketprotocol #17 (closed): Changes to Section 4.2

From: "hybi issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 18:55:55 -0000

#17: Changes to Section 4.2

Changes (by ifette@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 I incorporated your suggestions, mostly. I wanted to leave open the
 possibility of a variable extension length. As such, for your last
 recommendation I have changed the wording to

               The extension data is 0 bytes unless there is a reserved op-
 code
               or reserved bit present in the frame which indicates an
 extension
               has been negotiated. Any extension MUST specify the length
 of the
               extension data, or how that length may be calculated, and
 its use
               MUST be negotiated during the handshake.
               If present, the extension data is included in the total
 payload
               length.

-- 
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  sm+ietf@…             |        Owner:        
     Type:  defect                |       Status:  closed
 Priority:  major                 |    Milestone:        
Component:  thewebsocketprotocol  |      Version:        
 Severity:  Active WG Document    |   Resolution:  fixed 
 Keywords:                        |  
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/hybi/trac/ticket/17#comment:1>
hybi <http://tools.ietf.org/hybi/>
The Hypertext-Bidirectional (HyBi) working group will seek
standardization of one approach to maintain bidirectional
communications between the HTTP client, server and intermediate
entities, which will provide more efficiency compared to the current
use of hanging requests.

---

From: "hybi issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 18:56:37 -0000

Comment(by ifette@…):

 (this was merged in r34 which will be included in -03).

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/hybi/trac/ticket/17#comment:2>