Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-melnikov-imap-search-res-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:15:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: IMAP extension for referencing the last SEARCH result
	Author(s)	: A. Melnikov
	Filename	: draft-melnikov-imap-search-res-06.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2007-12-14
	
Many IMAP clients use the result of a SEARCH command as the input to
   perform another operation, for example fetching the found messages,
   deleting them or copying them to another mailbox.
   This can be achieved using standard IMAP operations described in RFC
   3501, however this would be suboptimal: the server will send the list
   of found messages to the client, after that the client will have to
   parse the list, reformat it and send it back to the server.  The
   client can't pipeline the SEARCH command with the subsequent command.

   This document proposes an IMAP extension that allows a client to tell
   a server to use the result of a SEARCH (or UID SEARCH) command as an
   input to any subsequent command.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-melnikov-imap-search-res-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-melnikov-imap-search-res-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-melnikov-imap-search-res-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce