Subject: I-D Action:draft-yousaf-ietf-mipshop-pbfmipv6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 10:20:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Proactive Bindings for FMIPv6
	Author(s)       : F. Yousaf, C. Wietfeld
	Filename        : draft-yousaf-ietf-mipshop-pbfmipv6-00.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2007-12-07

Usually in FMIPv6, the MN will start the binding process with its 
home agent and the correspondent nodes after it has attached to NAR. 
Till the binding is completed, the mobile node continues to receive 
packets via a reverse tunnel established between PAR and NAR. The 
duration of this tunnel will depend on the time it takes for the 
mobile node to complete its binding, till which time the tunnel will 
continue to consume buffer and processing resources related to 

 maintaining the tunnel and forwarding packets through this tunnel in 
both PAR and NAR.  

This document specifies an extension to FMIPv6 to enhance its 
performance, in terms of resource management, by reducing the 
duration of the tunnel existence. This is achieved by enabling the 
NAR to act as a proxy for the MN for FMIPv6 handover. Additional 
message(s) and message options along with modifications to existing 
FMIPv6 messages and message options and definitions of new messages 
and message options to achieve the desired functionality is also 
described in this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yousaf-ietf-mipshop-pbfmipv6-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-yousaf-ietf-mipshop-pbfmipv6-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-yousaf-ietf-mipshop-pbfmipv6-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce