Subject: I-D Action:draft-brenner-dime-peem-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 09:40:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Diameter Policy Processing Application
	Author(s)       : M. Brenner
	Filename        : draft-brenner-dime-peem-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2007-12-15

This document describes the Diameter protocol application used for
invocation of Policy Processing (Policy Evaluation, or Evaluation and
Enforcement).  This application is needed as one of the
implementations of the Open Mobile Aliance (OMA) Policy Evaluation,
Enforcement and Management (PEEM) enabler, namely for the PEM-1
interface used to send a request/responses for Policy Processing.
When combined with the Diameter Base protocol, this application
specification satisfies the OMA PEEM requirements for sending a
request for policy processing and receiving a response with the
policy processing result.

The Diameter realization of this application assumes the use of
Diameter Base protocol, as per RFC 3588, and extends it only for the
with an application using a vendor-id, a vendor-specific application
ID, a new Command Code, and a new AVP defined in the vendor-specific
namespace.  Input to policy processing are being passed through a new
AVP, and policy results are being passed through a combination of the
same new AVP, and the Experimental-Result AVP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brenner-dime-peem-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-brenner-dime-peem-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-brenner-dime-peem-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce