Subject: I-D Action:draft-dohler-rl2n-urban-routing-reqs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 08:40:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Urban WSNs Routing Requirements in Low Power and Lossy Networks
	Author(s)       : M. Dohler, et al.
	Filename        : draft-dohler-rl2n-urban-routing-reqs-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2007-12-05

The application specific routing requirements for Urban Low Power and
Lossy Networks (U-L2Ns) are presented in this document. In the near
future, sensing and actuating nodes will be placed outdoors in urban
environments so as to improve the citizens' living conditions as well
as to monitor compliance with increasingly strict environmental laws.
These field nodes are expected to measure and report a wide gamut of
data, such as required in smart metering, waste disposal,
meteorological, pollution and allergy reporting applications. The
majority of these nodes is expected to communicate wirelessly which
- given the limited radio range - requires the use of suitable
multi-hop routing protocols. The design of such protocols will be
mainly impacted by the limited resources of the nodes (memory,
processing power, battery, etc) and the particularities of the
outdoors urban application scenario. As such, for a wireless RL2N
solution to be competitive with other incumbent and emerging
solutions, the protocol ought to be energy-efficient, scalable and
autonomous. This documents aims to specify a set of requirements
reflecting these and further U-L2Ns tailored characteristics.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dohler-rl2n-urban-routing-reqs-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-dohler-rl2n-urban-routing-reqs-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dohler-rl2n-urban-routing-reqs-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce