Subject: I-D Action:draft-duerst-iri-bis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 21:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs)
	Author(s)       : M. Duerst, M. Suignard
	Filename        : draft-duerst-iri-bis-02.txt
	Pages           : 49
	Date            : 2007-12-17

This document defines a new protocol element, the Internationalized
Resource Identifier (IRI), as a complement to the Uniform Resource
Identifier (URI).  An IRI is a sequence of characters from the
Universal Character Set (Unicode/ISO 10646).  A mapping from IRIs to
URIs is defined, which means that IRIs can be used instead of URIs,
where appropriate, to identify resources.
The approach of defining a new protocol element was chosen instead of
extending or changing the definition of URIs.  This was done in order
to allow a clear distinction and to avoid incompatibilities with
existing software.  Guidelines are provided for the use and
deployment of IRIs in various protocols, formats, and software
components that currently deal with URIs.

[RFC Editor: Please remove this paragraph before publication.]  This
is a draft to update RFC 3987 and move towards IETF Draft Standard.
For an issues list/change log and additional information (including
mailing list information), please see
http://www.w3.org/International/iri-edit.  For discussion and
comments on this draft, please use the [email-masked] mailing
list.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-duerst-iri-bis-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-duerst-iri-bis-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-duerst-iri-bis-02.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce