Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-shim6-hba-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 19:30:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Site Multihoming by IPv6 Intermediation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Hash Based Addresses (HBA)
	Author(s)       : M. Bagnulo
	Filename        : draft-ietf-shim6-hba-05.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2007-12-22

This memo describes a mechanism to provide a secure binding between
the multiple addresses with different prefixes available to a host
within a multihomed site.  This mechanism employs either
Cryptographically Generated Addresses (CGAs) or a new variant of the
same theme that uses the same format in the addresses.  The main idea
in the new variant is that information about the multiple prefixes is
included within the addresses themselves.  This is achieved by
generating the interface identifiers of the addresses of a host as
hashes of the available prefixes and a random number.  Then, the
multiple addresses are generated by prepending the different prefixes
to the generated interface identifiers.  The result is a set of
addresses, called Hash Based Addresses (HBAs), that are inherently
bound to each other.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-shim6-hba-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-shim6-hba-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-shim6-hba-05.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce