Subject: I-D Action: draft-sheffer-tls-pinning-ticket-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 09:57:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TLS Server Identity Pinning with Tickets
        Authors         : Yaron Sheffer
                          Daniel Migault
	Filename        : draft-sheffer-tls-pinning-ticket-11.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2019-06-11

Abstract:
   Misissued public-key certificates can prevent TLS clients from
   appropriately authenticating the TLS server.  Several alternatives
   have been proposed to detect this situation and prevent a client from
   establishing a TLS session with a TLS end point authenticated with an
   illegitimate public-key certificate.  These mechanisms are either not
   widely deployed or limited to public web browsing.

   This document proposes experimental extensions to TLS with opaque
   pinning tickets as a way to pin the server's identity.  During an
   initial TLS session, the server provides an original encrypted
   pinning ticket.  In subsequent TLS session establishment, upon
   receipt of the pinning ticket, the server proves its ability to
   decrypt the pinning ticket and thus the ownership of the pinning
   protection key.  The client can now safely conclude that the TLS
   session is established with the same TLS server as the original TLS
   session.  One of the important properties of this proposal is that no
   manual management actions are required.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sheffer-tls-pinning-ticket/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sheffer-tls-pinning-ticket-11
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-sheffer-tls-pinning-ticket-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sheffer-tls-pinning-ticket-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/