Subject: I-D Action: draft-dunbar-idr-sdwan-port-safi-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 15:56:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Subsequent Address Family Indicator for SDWAN Ports
        Authors         : Linda Dunbar
                          Sue Hares
	Filename        : draft-dunbar-idr-sdwan-port-safi-03.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2019-06-27

Abstract:
   The document specifies a new BGP NLRI and SAFI for advertising WAN
   ports properties of a SDWAN edge node. SDWAN edge node's WAN ports
   may face untrusted networks, such as the public internet, may get
   assigned IP addresses from the Internet Service Providers (ISPs),
   may get assigned dynamic IP addresses via DHCP, or may have private
   addresses (e.g. inside third party Cloud DCs). Packets forwarded
   through those SDWAN WAN ports might need to be encrypted (depending
   on the user policies) or need to go through NAT. SDWAN edge nodes
   need to propagate those WAN ports properties to the peers who are
   authorized to communicate across different types of underlay
   networks including the untrusted networks.

   BGP Route Reflectors (RR) are proposed as the entities to propagate
   the WAN ports properties of SDWAN edge nodes to a controlled group
   of edges reachable via overlay networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dunbar-idr-sdwan-port-safi/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dunbar-idr-sdwan-port-safi-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dunbar-idr-sdwan-port-safi-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dunbar-idr-sdwan-port-safi-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/