Subject: I-D Action: draft-mcfadden-smart-rfc3552-research-methodology-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 07:48:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Methodology for Researching Security Considerations Sections
        Author          : Mark McFadden
	Filename        : draft-mcfadden-smart-rfc3552-research-methodology-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2019-06-27

Abstract:
   RFC3552 provides guidance to authors in crafting RFC text on Security
   Considerations. The RFC is more than fifteen years old. With the
   threat landscape and security ecosystem significantly changed since
   the RFC was published, RFC3552 is a candidate for update. This draft
   proposes that, prior to drafting an update to RFC3552, an examination
   of recent, published Security Considerations sections be carried out
   as a baseline for how to improve RFC3552. It suggests a methodology
   for examining Security Considerations sections in published RFCs and
   the extraction of both quantitative and qualitative information that
   could inform a revision of the older guidance.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mcfadden-smart-rfc3552-research-methodology/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mcfadden-smart-rfc3552-research-methodology-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mcfadden-smart-rfc3552-research-methodology-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/