Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-sipbrandy-osrtp-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 09:16:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIP Best-practice Recommendations Against Network Dangers to privacY WG of the IETF.

        Title           : An Opportunistic Approach for Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (OSRTP)
        Authors         : Alan Johnston
                          Bernard Aboba
                          Andrew Hutton
                          Roland Jesske
                          Thomas Stach
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sipbrandy-osrtp-10.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2019-06-17

Abstract:
   Opportunistic Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (OSRTP) is an
   implementation of the Opportunistic Security mechanism, as defined in
   RFC 7435, applied to the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP).  OSRTP
   allows encrypted media to be used in environments where support for
   encryption is not known in advance, and not required.  OSRTP does not
   require Session Description Protocol (SDP) extensions or features and
   is fully backwards compatible with existing implementations using
   encrypted and authenticated media and implementations that do not
   encrypt or authenticate media packets.  OSRTP is not specific to any
   key management technique for Secure RTP (SRTP).  OSRTP is a
   transitional approach useful for migrating existing deployments of
   real-time communications to a fully encrypted and authenticated
   state.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipbrandy-osrtp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipbrandy-osrtp-10
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-sipbrandy-osrtp-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sipbrandy-osrtp-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/