Subject: I-D Action: draft-hsingh-ipv6-coin-ml-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2019 12:36:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : New IPv6 Multicast Address for Switch ML
        Author          : Hemant Singh
	Filename        : draft-hsingh-ipv6-coin-ml-00.txt
	Pages           : 3
	Date            : 2019-06-07

Abstract:
   Recently, in-network aggregation to scale distributed machine
   learning (ML) has been presented.  A network switch implementation
   uses IPv4 broadcast messages from switch to the hosts to send updates
   to all workers.  IPv6 does not support broadcast addresses.  This
   document proposes, IPv6 implementations use the IPv6 link-local all-
   nodes multicast address to receive messages from a switch, until a
   new link-local multicast address is assigned by IANA for switch to
   hosts multicast communications for switch machine learning
   algorithms.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hsingh-ipv6-coin-ml/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hsingh-ipv6-coin-ml-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hsingh-ipv6-coin-ml-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/