Subject: I-D Action: draft-kuehlewind-system-ports-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2019 01:18:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Reassignment of System Ports to the IESG
        Authors         : Mirja Kühlewind
                          Sabrina Tanamal
	Filename        : draft-kuehlewind-system-ports-04.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2019-02-01

Abstract:
   In the IANA Service Name and Transport Protocol Port Number Registry,
   a large number of System Ports is currently assigned to individuals
   or companies who have registered the port for the use with a certain
   protocol before RFC6335 was published.  For some of these ports, RFCs
   exist that describe the respective protocol; for others, RFCs are
   under development that define, re-define, or assign the protocol used
   for the respective port, e.g. in case of so-far unused UDP ports that
   have been registered together with the respective TCP port.  In these
   cases the IESG has the change control about the protocol used on the
   port (as described in an RFC) but does not have the change control
   about the port usage itself.  Currently, to transfer the change
   control to the IESG, the original assignee has to be contacted to
   initialize this transfer.  As it is not always possible to get in
   touch with the original assignee, e.g. because of out-dated contact
   information or other reasons, and the current practice of case-by-
   case changes does not scale well, this document instructs IANA to
   perform actions with the goal to reassigns all System Ports to the
   IESG that have been assigned to individuals prior to the publication
   of RFC6335.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kuehlewind-system-ports/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kuehlewind-system-ports-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kuehlewind-system-ports-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kuehlewind-system-ports-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/