Subject: I-D Action: draft-white-tsvwg-nqb-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 11:31:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Identifying and Handling Non Queue Building Flows in a Bottleneck Link
        Authors         : Greg White
                          Thomas Fossati
	Filename        : draft-white-tsvwg-nqb-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2019-06-28

Abstract:
   This draft proposes the definition of a standardized DiffServ code
   point (DSCP) to identify Non-Queue-Building flows (for example:
   interactive voice and video, gaming, machine to machine
   applications), along with a Per-Hop-Behavior (PHB) that provides a
   separate queue for such flows.

   The purpose of such a marking scheme is to enable networks to provide
   and utilize queues that are optimized to provide low latency and low
   loss for such Non-Queue-Building flows (e.g. shallow buffers,
   optimized media access parameters, etc.).

   This marking scheme and PHB has been developed primarily for use by
   access network segments, where queuing delays and queuing loss caused
   by Queue-Building protocols are manifested.  In particular,
   applications to cable broadband links and mobile network radio and
   core segments are discussed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-white-tsvwg-nqb/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-white-tsvwg-nqb-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-white-tsvwg-nqb-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-white-tsvwg-nqb-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/