Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-bis-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 13:47:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Stream Control Transmission Protocol
        Authors         : Randall R. Stewart
                          Michael Tuexen
                          Karen E. E. Nielsen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-bis-03.txt
	Pages           : 146
	Date            : 2019-06-30

Abstract:
   This document obsoletes RFC 4960, if approved.  It describes the
   Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP).  SCTP is designed to
   transport Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) signaling messages
   over IP networks, but is capable of broader applications.

   SCTP is a reliable transport protocol operating on top of a
   connectionless packet network such as IP.  It offers the following
   services to its users:

   o  acknowledged error-free non-duplicated transfer of user data,

   o  data fragmentation to conform to discovered path MTU size,

   o  sequenced delivery of user messages within multiple streams, with
      an option for order-of-arrival delivery of individual user
      messages,

   o  optional bundling of multiple user messages into a single SCTP
      packet, and

   o  network-level fault tolerance through supporting of multi-homing
      at either or both ends of an association.

   The design of SCTP includes appropriate congestion avoidance behavior
   and resistance to flooding and masquerade attacks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-bis-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-bis-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-bis-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/