Subject: I-D Action: draft-duke-quic-protected-initial-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 May 2021 14:08:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Protected QUIC Initial Packets
        Author          : Martin Duke
	Filename        : draft-duke-quic-protected-initial-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2021-05-07

Abstract:
   QUIC encrypts its Initial Packets using keys derived from well-known
   constants, meaning that observers can inspect the contents of these
   packets and successfully spoof them.  This document proposes a new
   version of QUIC that encrypts Initial Packets more securely by
   leveraging a Public Key distributed via the Domain Name System (DNS)
   or other out-of-band system.

   Discussion of this work is encouraged to happen on the QUIC IETF
   mailing list [email-masked] or on the GitHub repository which contains
   the draft: https://github.com/martinduke/quic-version-aliasing.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-duke-quic-protected-initial/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-duke-quic-protected-initial-01.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-duke-quic-protected-initial-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/