Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc8312bis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 May 2021 11:28:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : CUBIC for Fast and Long-Distance Networks
        Authors         : Lisong Xu
                          Sangtae Ha
                          Injong Rhee
                          Vidhi Goel
                          Lars Eggert
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc8312bis-02.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2021-05-05

Abstract:
   CUBIC is a standard TCP congestion control algorithm that uses a
   cubic function instead of the linear window increase function on the
   sender side to improve scalability and stability over fast and long-
   distance networks.  CUBIC has been adopted as the default TCP
   congestion control algorithm by the Linux, Windows, and Apple stacks.

   This document updates the specification of CUBIC to include
   algorithmic improvements based on these implementations and recent
   academic work.  Based on the extensive deployment experience with
   CUBIC, it also moves the specification to the Standards Track,
   obsoleting [RFC8312].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc8312bis/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc8312bis-02.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc8312bis-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/