Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-emu-rfc5448bis-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 05:43:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the EAP Method Update WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Improved Extensible Authentication Protocol Method for 3GPP Mobile Network Authentication and Key Agreement (EAP-AKA')
        Authors         : Jari Arkko
                          Vesa Lehtovirta
                          Vesa Torvinen
                          Pasi Eronen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-emu-rfc5448bis-10.txt
	Pages           : 51
	Date            : 2021-05-10

Abstract:
   The 3GPP Mobile Network Authentication and Key Agreement (AKA) is an
   authentication mechanism for devices wishing to access mobile
   networks.  RFC 4187 (EAP-AKA) made the use of this mechanism possible
   within the Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) framework.  RFC
   5448 (EAP-AKA') was an improved version of EAP-AKA.

   This document is the most recent specification of EAP-AKA',
   including, for instance, details and references about related to
   operating EAP-AKA' in 5G networks.

   EAP-AKA' differs from EAP-AKA by providing a key derivation function
   that binds the keys derived within the method to the name of the
   access network.  The key derivation function has been defined in the
   3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP).  EAP-AKA' allows its use
   in EAP in an interoperable manner.  EAP-AKA' also updates the
   algorithm used in hash functions, as it employs SHA-256 / HMAC-
   SHA-256 instead of SHA-1 / HMAC-SHA-1 as in EAP-AKA.

   This version of EAP-AKA' specification specifies the protocol
   behaviour for both 4G and 5G deployments, whereas the previous
   version only did this for 4G.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-emu-rfc5448bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-emu-rfc5448bis-10
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-emu-rfc5448bis-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-emu-rfc5448bis-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/