Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-pce-pcep-pmtu-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 May 2021 02:45:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Support for Path MTU (PMTU) in the Path Computation Element (PCE) communication Protocol (PCEP).
        Authors         : Shuping Peng
                          Cheng Li
                          Liuyan Han
                          Luc-Fabrice Ndifor
	Filename        : draft-li-pce-pcep-pmtu-04.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2021-05-06

Abstract:
   The Path Computation Element (PCE) provides path computation
   functions in support of traffic engineering in Multiprotocol Label
   Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks.

   The Source Packet Routing in Networking (SPRING) architecture
   describes how Segment Routing (SR) can be used to steer packets
   through an IPv6 or MPLS network using the source routing paradigm.  A
   Segment Routed Path can be derived from a variety of mechanisms,
   including an IGP Shortest Path Tree (SPT), explicit configuration, or
   a Path Computation Element (PCE).

   Since the SR does not require signaling, the path maximum
   transmission unit (MTU) information for SR path is not available.
   This document specify the extension to PCE communication protocol
   (PCEP) to carry path (MTU) in the PCEP messages.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-pce-pcep-pmtu/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-pce-pcep-pmtu-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-pce-pcep-pmtu-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-li-pce-pcep-pmtu-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/