Subject: I-D Action: draft-mattsson-tls-psk-ke-dont-dont-dont-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 07:09:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Key Exchange Without Forward Secrecy is NOT RECOMMENDED
        Author          : John Preuß Mattsson
	Filename        : draft-mattsson-tls-psk-ke-dont-dont-dont-01.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2021-05-18

Abstract:
   Key exchange without forward secrecy enables passive monitoring.
   Massive pervasive monitoring attacks relying on key exchange without
   forward secrecy has been reported, and many more have likely happened
   without ever being reported.  If key exchange without Diffie-Hellman
   is used, access to the long-term authentication keys enables a
   passive attacker to compromise past and future sessions.  Entities
   can get access to long-term key material in different ways: physical
   attacks, hacking, social engineering attacks, espionage, or by simply
   demanding access to keying material with or without a court order.
   psk_ke does not provide forward secrecy and is NOT RECOMMENDED.  This
   document sets the IANA registration of psk_ke to NOT RECOMMENDED.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mattsson-tls-psk-ke-dont-dont-dont/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mattsson-tls-psk-ke-dont-dont-dont-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mattsson-tls-psk-ke-dont-dont-dont-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mattsson-tls-psk-ke-dont-dont-dont-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/