Subject: I-D Action: draft-lencse-bmwg-benchmarking-stateful-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 07:33:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Benchmarking Methodology for Stateful NATxy Gateways using RFC 4814 Pseudorandom Port Numbers
        Authors         : Gabor Lencse
                          Keiichi Shima
	Filename        : draft-lencse-bmwg-benchmarking-stateful-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2021-05-17

Abstract:
   RFC 2544 has defined a benchmarking methodology for network
   interconnect devices.  RFC 5180 addressed IPv6 specificities and it
   also provided a technology update, but excluded IPv6 transition
   technologies.  RFC 8219 addressed IPv6 transition technologies,
   including stateful NAT64.  However, none of them discussed how to
   apply RFC 4814 pseudorandom port numbers to any stateful NAT (NAT44,
   NAT64, NAT66) technologies.  We discuss why using pseudorandom port
   numbers with stateful NAT gateways is a hard problem and recommend a
   solution.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lencse-bmwg-benchmarking-stateful/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lencse-bmwg-benchmarking-stateful-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lencse-bmwg-benchmarking-stateful-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/