Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-dtls-over-sctp-bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 05:51:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) over Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP)
        Authors         : Magnus Westerlund
                          John Preuß Mattsson
                          Claudio Porfiri
                          Michael Tüxen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-dtls-over-sctp-bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2021-05-10

Abstract:
   This document describes a proposed update for the usage of the
   Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) protocol to protect user
   messages sent over the Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP).

   DTLS over SCTP provides mutual authentication, confidentiality,
   integrity protection, and replay protection for applications that use
   SCTP as their transport protocol and allows client/server
   applications to communicate in a way that is designed to give
   communications privacy and to prevent eavesdropping and detect
   tampering or message forgery.

   Applications using DTLS over SCTP can use almost all transport
   features provided by SCTP and its extensions.  This document intends
   to obsolete RFC 6083 and removes the 16 kB limitation on user message
   size by defining a secure user message fragmentation so that multiple
   DTLS records can be used to protect a single user message.  It
   further updates the DTLS versions to use, as well as the HMAC
   algorithms for SCTP-AUTH, and simplifies the implementation by some
   stricter requirements on the establishment procedures.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-dtls-over-sctp-bis/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-tsvwg-dtls-over-sctp-bis-00.html

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/