Subject: I-D Action: draft-camwinget-tls-ts13-macciphersuites-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 May 2021 14:21:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TLS 1.3 Authentication and Integrity only Cipher Suites
        Authors         : Nancy Cam-Winget
                          Jack Visoky
	Filename        : draft-camwinget-tls-ts13-macciphersuites-11.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2021-05-06

Abstract:
   There are use cases, specifically in Internet of Things (IoT) and
   constrained environments that do not require confidentiality, though
   message integrity for all communications and at least server, if not
   mutual authentication during tunnel establishment, are both still
   mandated.  This document gives examples of such use cases, although a
   threat model is necessary to determine whether or not a given
   situation falls into this category of use cases.  In order to serve
   these use cases, this document defines the use of HMAC-only cipher
   suites for TLS 1.3, which provides server and optionally mutual
   authentication and data authenticity, but not data confidentiality.
   The approach described in this document is not endorsed by the IETF
   and does not have IETF consensus, but is presented here to enable
   interoperable implementation of a reduced security mechanism that
   provides authentication and message integrity without supporting
   confidentiality.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-camwinget-tls-ts13-macciphersuites/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-camwinget-tls-ts13-macciphersuites-11
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-camwinget-tls-ts13-macciphersuites-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-camwinget-tls-ts13-macciphersuites-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/