Subject: I-D Action: draft-mattsson-core-coap-attacks-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 10:03:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Summarizing Known Attacks on CoAP
        Authors         : John Preuß Mattsson
                          John Fornehed
                          Göran Selander
                          Francesca Palombini
                          Christian Amsüss
	Filename        : draft-mattsson-core-coap-attacks-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2021-05-16

Abstract:
   Being able to trust information from sensors and to securely control
   actuators are essential in a world of connected and networking things
   interacting with the physical world.  This document summarizes known
   attacks, and show that just using CoAP with a security protocol like
   DTLS, TLS, or OSCORE is not enough for secure operation.  The goal
   with this document is motivating generic and protocol-specific
   recommendations on the usage of CoAP.  Several of the discussed
   attacks can be mitigated with the solutions in
   [I-D.ietf-core-echo-request-tag].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mattsson-core-coap-attacks/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mattsson-core-coap-attacks-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mattsson-core-coap-attacks-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/