Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 04:59:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Revised Validation Procedure for BGP Flow Specifications
        Authors         : James Uttaro
                          Juan Alcaide
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          David Smith
                          Pradosh Mohapatra
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-14.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2021-05-13

Abstract:
   This document describes a modification to the validation procedure
   defined for the dissemination of BGP Flow Specifications.  The
   dissemination of BGP Flow Specifications requires that the originator
   of the Flow Specification matches the originator of the best-match
   unicast route for the destination prefix embedded in the Flow
   Specification.  For an iBGP received route, the originator is
   typically a border router within the same autonomous system.  The
   objective is to allow only BGP speakers within the data forwarding
   path to originate BGP Flow Specifications.  Sometimes it is desirable
   to originate the BGP Flow Specification from any place within the
   autonomous system itself, for example, from a centralized BGP route
   controller.  However, the validation procedure will fail in this
   scenario.  The modification proposed herein relaxes the validation
   rule to enable Flow Specifications to be originated within the same
   autonomous system as the BGP speaker performing the validation.
   Additionally, this document revises the AS_PATH validation rules so
   Flow Specifications received from an eBGP peer can be validated when
   such peer is a BGP route server.

   This document updates the validation procedure in [RFC8955].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-14
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-14

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/