Subject: I-D Action: draft-pthubert-roll-rfc6550bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 07:05:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : RPL: IPv6 Routing Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks
        Authors         : Pascal Thubert
                          Tim Winter
	Filename        : draft-pthubert-roll-rfc6550bis-01.txt
	Pages           : 154
	Date            : 2021-05-31

Abstract:
   Low-Power and Lossy Networks (LLNs) are a class of network in which
   both the routers and their interconnect are constrained.  LLN routers
   typically operate with constraints on processing power, memory, and
   energy (battery power).  Their interconnects are characterized by
   high loss rates, low data rates, and instability.  LLNs are comprised
   of anything from a few dozen to thousands of routers.  Supported
   traffic flows include point-to-point (between devices inside the
   LLN), point-to-multipoint (from a central control point to a subset
   of devices inside the LLN), and multipoint-to-point (from devices
   inside the LLN towards a central control point).  This document
   specifies the IPv6 Routing Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks
   (RPL), which provides a mechanism whereby multipoint-to-point traffic
   from devices inside the LLN towards a central control point as well
   as point-to-multipoint traffic from the central control point to the
   devices inside the LLN are supported.  Support for point-to-point
   traffic is also available.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pthubert-roll-rfc6550bis/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-pthubert-roll-rfc6550bis-01.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-pthubert-roll-rfc6550bis-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/