Subject: I-D Action: draft-duke-quic-version-aliasing-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 15:50:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : QUIC Version Aliasing
        Author          : Martin Duke
	Filename        : draft-duke-quic-version-aliasing-06.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2021-05-13

Abstract:
   The QUIC transport protocol preserves its future extensibility partly
   by specifying its version number.  There will be a relatively small
   number of published version numbers for the foreseeable future.  This
   document provides a method for clients and servers to negotiate the
   use of other version numbers in subsequent connections and encrypts
   Initial Packets using secret keys instead of standard ones.  If a
   sizeable subset of QUIC connections use this mechanism, this should
   prevent middlebox ossification around the current set of published
   version numbers and the contents of QUIC Initial packets, as well as
   improving the protocol's privacy properties.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-duke-quic-version-aliasing/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-duke-quic-version-aliasing-06.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-duke-quic-version-aliasing-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/