Subject: I-D Action: draft-lyu-privacy-enhanced-5g-aka-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 21:47:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : PEAA: Privacy-Enhanced Access Authentication Scheme in 5G
        Authors         : Xixiang Lyu
                          Xinyue Yao
                          Dong Ma
                          Ronghui Hou
                          Jin Cao
                          Xinhong Mao
	Filename        : draft-lyu-privacy-enhanced-5g-aka-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2021-05-13

Abstract:
   Authentication and Key Agreement (AKA) protocol aims to enable mutual
   authentication between networks and a phone equipped with a Universal
   Subscriber Identity Module(USIM) card. 5G AKA introduces Subscription
   Permanent Identifier (SUPI) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption
   Scheme (ECIES) to preserve user identity privacy.  However, when the
   authentication server becomes an unsecure entity due to malwares or
   malicious attacks, these existing schemes cannot effectively protect
   user identity privacy at the server-end.  For a small number of
   important users with high demand for identity privacy and security,
   comprehensive identity privacy protection is one of their important
   security requirements.  Based on a security assumption that the
   server is trustworthy within a limited time, this document proposes a
   privacy-enhanced access authentication scheme (PEAA) which is
   compatible with 5G AKA.  This scheme not only achieves user anonymity
   on wireless channels by dynamic temporary pseudonyms, but also
   ensures that the server authenticates users without their permanent
   identities.  In the context of hierarchical security requirements,
   PEAA scheme and the existing 5G AKA can respectively provide
   different user identity privacy protection services for users with
   different security requirements.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lyu-privacy-enhanced-5g-aka/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lyu-privacy-enhanced-5g-aka-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lyu-privacy-enhanced-5g-aka-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/