Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 11:07:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Home Networking WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Simple Provisioning of Public Names for Residential Networks
        Authors         : Daniel Migault
                          Ralf Weber
                          Michael Richardson
                          Ray Hunter
	Filename        : draft-ietf-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-15.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2021-05-13

Abstract:
   Home owners often have IPv6 devices that they wish to access over the
   Internet using names.
   Outsourcing the DNS servers to a DNS infrastructure protects against
   possible DDoS attacks as well as sudden renumbering of the home
   network.  It has been possible to register and populate a DNS Zone
   with names since DNS became a thing, but it has been an activity
   typically reserved for experts.  This document automates the process
   through creation of a Homenet Naming Authority (HNA), whose
   responsibility is to select, sign and publish names to a set of
   publicly visible servers.

   This document describes the mechanism that enables the HNA to
   outsource the naming service to the DNS Outsourcing Infrastructure
   (DOI) via a Distribution Manager (DM).

   In addition, this document deals with publication of a corresponding
   reverse zone.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-15
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-15

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-15

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/