Subject: I-D Action: draft-lapukhov-bgp-ecmp-considerations-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 09:39:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Equal-Cost Multipath Considerations for BGP
        Authors         : Petr Lapukhov
                          Jeff Tantsura
	Filename        : draft-lapukhov-bgp-ecmp-considerations-06.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2021-05-24

Abstract:
   BGP (Border Gateway Protocol) [RFC4271] employs tie-breaking logic to
   select a single best path among multiple paths available, known as
   BGP best path selection.  At the same time, it has become a common
   practice to allow for "equal-cost multipath" (ECMP) selection and
   programming of multiple next-hops in routing tables.  This document
   summarizes some common considerations for the ECMP logic when BGP is
   used as the routing protocol, with the intent of providing common
   reference for otherwise unstandardized set of features.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lapukhov-bgp-ecmp-considerations/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lapukhov-bgp-ecmp-considerations-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lapukhov-bgp-ecmp-considerations-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/