Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-nsec-ttl-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 04:11:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : NSEC and NSEC3 TTLs and NSEC Aggressive Use
        Author          : Peter van Dijk
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-nsec-ttl-05.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2021-05-20

Abstract:
   Due to a combination of unfortunate wording in earlier documents,
   aggressive use of NSEC and NSEC3 records may deny the existence of
   names far beyond the intended lifetime of a denial.  This document
   changes the definition of the NSEC and NSEC3 TTL (Time To Live) to
   correct that situation.  This document updates RFC 4034, RFC 4035,
   RFC 5155, and RFC 8198.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-nsec-ttl/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-dnsop-nsec-ttl-05.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-nsec-ttl-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/