Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-evpn-unequal-lb-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 15:48:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Weighted Multi-Path Procedures for EVPN Multi-Homing
        Authors         : Neeraj Malhotra
                          Ali Sajassi
                          Jorge Rabadan
                          John Drake
                          Avinash Lingala
                          Samir Thoria
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-evpn-unequal-lb-14.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2021-05-14

Abstract:
   EVPN enables all-active multi-homing for a CE device connected to two
   or more PEs via a LAG, such that bridged and routed traffic from
   remote PEs to hosts attached to the Ethernet Segment can be equally
   load balanced (it uses Equal Cost Multi Path) across the multi-homing
   PEs.  EVPN also enables multi-homing for IP subnets advertised in IP
   Prefix routes, so that routed traffic from remote PEs to those IP
   subnets can be load balanced.  This document defines extensions to
   EVPN procedures to optimally handle unequal access bandwidth
   distribution across a set of multi-homing PEs in order to:

   o  provide greater flexibility, with respect to adding or removing
      individual multi-homed PE-CE links.

   o  handle multi-homed PE-CE link failures that can result in unequal
      PE-CE access bandwidth across a set of multi-homing PEs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-unequal-lb/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-unequal-lb-14
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-unequal-lb-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-evpn-unequal-lb-14

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/