Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-edge-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 May 2021 10:23:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Thing-to-Thing RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : IoT Edge Challenges and Functions
        Authors         : Jungha Hong
                          Yong-Geun Hong
                          Xavier de Foy
                          Matthias Kovatsch
                          Eve Schooler
                          Dirk Kutscher
	Filename        : draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-edge-02.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2021-05-02

Abstract:
   Many IoT applications have requirements that cannot be met by the
   traditional Cloud (aka cloud computing).  These include time
   sensitivity, data volume, connectivity cost, operation in the face of
   intermittent services, privacy, and security.  As a result, the IoT
   is driving the Internet toward Edge computing.  This document
   outlines the requirements of the emerging IoT Edge and its
   challenges.  It presents a general model, and major components of the
   IoT Edge, to provide a common base for future discussions in T2TRG
   and other IRTF and IETF groups.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-edge/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-edge-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-edge-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-edge-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/