Subject: I-D Action: draft-gerstung-nts4uptp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 May 2021 04:56:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Network Time Security for the Unicast Mode of the Precision Time Protocol
        Authors         : Heiko Gerstung
                          Marius Rohde
                          Douglas Arnold
	Filename        : draft-gerstung-nts4uptp-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2021-05-05

Abstract:
   This memo specifies the application of Network Time Security, a
   mechanism for using Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Authenticated
   Encryption with Associated Data (AEAD) to provide cryptographic
   security for the unicast mode of the Precision Time Protocol.

   It is based on the 'Network Time Security for the Network Time
   Protocol' document [RFC8915] and re-uses most of its mechanisms for
   providing a secure and robust key exchange solution for unicast PTP.
   Due to the different modes of operation, additional steps are
   required to secure unicast PTP communication between the PTP clients
   and unicast PTP servers.  In addition to defining the new record
   types and other required values to allow the utilization of the NTS
   key exchange sub protocol, there are a number of additional protocol
   enhancements and server-side requirements which are defined in this
   memo.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gerstung-nts4uptp/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-gerstung-nts4uptp-00.html

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/