Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 14:21:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Gateway Auto-Discovery and Route Advertisement for Segment Routing Enabled Site Interconnection
        Authors         : Adrian Farrel
                          John Drake
                          Eric Rosen
                          Keyur Patel
                          Luay Jalil
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway-11.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2021-05-19

Abstract:
   Data centers are critical components of the infrastructure used by
   network operators to provide services to their customers.  Data
   centers are attached to the Internet or a backbone network by gateway
   routers.  One data center typically has more than one gateway for
   commercial, load balancing, and resiliency reasons.

   Segment Routing is a protocol mechanism that can be used within a
   data center, and also for steering traffic that flows between two
   data center sites.  In order that one data center site may load
   balance the traffic it sends to another data center site, it needs to
   know the complete set of gateway routers at the remote data center,
   the points of connection from those gateways to the backbone network,
   and the connectivity across the backbone network.

   Other sites, such as access networks, also need to be connected
   across backbone networks through gateways.

   This document defines a mechanism using the BGP Tunnel Encapsulation
   attribute to allow each gateway router to advertise the routes to the
   prefixes reachable in the site to which it provides access, including
   advertising them on behalf of each other gateway to the same site.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway-11
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/