Subject: I-D Action: draft-king-irtf-semantic-routing-survey-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 May 2021 00:42:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Survey of Semantic Internet Routing Techniques
        Authors         : Daniel King
                          Adrian Farrel
                          Joanna Dang
	Filename        : draft-king-irtf-semantic-routing-survey-00.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2021-05-06

Abstract:
   Historically, the meaning of an IP address has been to identify an
   interface on a network device.  Routing protocols were developed
   based on the assumption that a destination address had this semantic.

   Over time, routing decisions were enhanced to route packets according
   to additional information carried within the packets and dependent on
   policy coded in, configured at, or signaled to the routers.

   Many proposals have been made to add semantics to IP addresses.  The
   intent is usually to facilitate routing decisions based solely on the
   address and without the need to find and process information carried
   in other fields within the packets.

   This document presents a brief survey of technologies related to IP
   semantic addressing and routing proposals.  Inclusion of a proposal
   or technique in this document does not imply any level of support.  A
   partner document examines the challenges for routing in this context.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-king-irtf-semantic-routing-survey/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-king-irtf-semantic-routing-survey-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-king-irtf-semantic-routing-survey-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/