Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-cose-cbor-encoded-cert-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 06:37:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the CBOR Object Signing and Encryption WG of the IETF.

        Title           : CBOR Encoded X.509 Certificates (C509 Certificates)
        Authors         : Shahid Raza
                          Joel Höglund
                          Göran Selander
                          John Preuß Mattsson
                          Martin Furuhed
	Filename        : draft-ietf-cose-cbor-encoded-cert-01.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2021-05-25

Abstract:
   This document specifies a CBOR encoding of X.509 certificates.  The
   resulting certificates are called C509 Certificates.  The CBOR
   encoding supports a large subset of RFC 5280 and all certificates
   compatible with the RFC 7925, IEEE 802.1AR (DevID), CNSA, and CA/
   Browser Forum Baseline Requirements profiles.  When used to re-encode
   DER encoded X.509 certificates, the CBOR encoding can in many cases
   reduce the size of RFC 7925 profiled certificates with over 50%.  The
   CBOR encoded structure can alternatively be signed directly
   ("natively signed"), which does not require re-encoding for the
   signature to be verified.  The document also specifies COSE headers
   as well as a TLS certificate type for C509 certificates.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cose-cbor-encoded-cert/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-cose-cbor-encoded-cert-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-cose-cbor-encoded-cert-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/