Subject: I-D Action: draft-liu-dyncast-ps-usecases-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 23:40:40 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Dynamic-Anycast (Dyncast) Use Cases & Problem Statement
        Authors         : Peng Liu
                          Peter Willis
                          Dirk Trossen
                          Cheng Li
	Filename        : draft-liu-dyncast-ps-usecases-02.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2022-01-17

Abstract:
   Many service providers are exploring distributed computing techniques
   to achieve better service response time and optimized energy
   consumption. by moving Such techniques rely upon the distribution of
   computing services and capabilities over many locations in the
   network such as its edge(e.g., 5G MEC (Multi-access Edge Computing)
   scenarios), the metro region, virtualized central office, and other
   locations.  In such a distributed computing environment, providing
   services by soliciting computing resources hosted in various
   computing facilities (e.g., edges) is being considered, e.g., for
   computationally intensive and delay sensitive services.  Ideally,
   Services should be computationally balanced using service-specific
   metrics instead of simply dispatching the service requests in a
   static way or optimizing solely connectivity metrics.  For example,
   systematically directing end user-originated service requests to the
   geographically closest edge or some small computing units may lead to
   an unbalanced usage of computing resources, which may then degrade
   both the user experience and the overall service performance.

   This draft provides an overview of scenarios and problems associated
   with realizing such scenarios, identifying several key areas which
   require more investigations in terms of architecture and protocol to
   achieve balanced computing and networking resource utilization among
   edges providing the services.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-liu-dyncast-ps-usecases/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-liu-dyncast-ps-usecases-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-liu-dyncast-ps-usecases-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts