Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-binding-label-sid-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 00:37:39 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Carrying Binding Label/Segment Identifier in PCE-based Networks.
        Authors         : Siva Sivabalan
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          Jeff Tantsura
                          Stefano Previdi
                          Cheng Li (editor)
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-binding-label-sid-12.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2022-01-24

Abstract:
   In order to provide greater scalability, network confidentiality, and
   service independence, Segment Routing (SR) utilizes a Binding Segment
   Identifier (BSID).  It is possible to associate a BSID to an RSVP-TE-
   signaled Traffic Engineering Label Switched Path or an SR Traffic
   Engineering path.  The BSID can be used by an upstream node for
   steering traffic into the appropriate TE path to enforce SR policies.
   This document specifies the concept of binding value, which can be
   either an MPLS label or Segment Identifier.  It further specifies an
   extension to Path Computation Element (PCE) communication
   Protocol(PCEP) for reporting the binding value by a Path Computation
   Client (PCC) to the PCE to support PCE-based Traffic Engineering
   policies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-binding-label-sid/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pce-binding-label-sid-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pce-binding-label-sid-12

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts