Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc8312bis-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 01:12:50 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : CUBIC for Fast and Long-Distance Networks
        Authors         : Lisong Xu
                          Sangtae Ha
                          Injong Rhee
                          Vidhi Goel
                          Lars Eggert
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc8312bis-06.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2022-01-26

Abstract:
   CUBIC is a standard TCP congestion control algorithm that uses a
   cubic function instead of a linear congestion window increase
   function to improve scalability and stability over fast and long-
   distance networks.  CUBIC has been adopted as the default TCP
   congestion control algorithm by the Linux, Windows, and Apple stacks.

   This document updates the specification of CUBIC to include
   algorithmic improvements based on these implementations and recent
   academic work.  Based on the extensive deployment experience with
   CUBIC, it also moves the specification to the Standards Track,
   obsoleting RFC 8312.  This also requires updating RFC 5681, to allow
   for CUBIC's occasionally more aggressive sending behavior.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc8312bis/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc8312bis-06.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc8312bis-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts