Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-sav-gap-analysis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 23:58:56 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Source Address Validation: Use Cases and Gap Analysis
        Authors         : Dan Li
                          Jianping Wu
                          Mingqing Huang
                          Lancheng Qin
                          Nan Geng
	Filename        : draft-li-sav-gap-analysis-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2022-01-10

Abstract:
   This document identifies the importance and use cases of source
   address validation (SAV) at both intra-domain level and inter-domain
   level (see [RFC5210]).  Existing intra-domain and inter-domain SAV
   mechanisms, either Ingress ACL filtering [RFC2827], unicast Reverse
   Path Forwarding (uRPF) [RFC3704], or Enhanced Feasible-Path uRPF
   (EFP-uRPF) [RFC8704] has limitations in scalability or accuracy.
   This document provides gap analysis of the existing SAV mechanisms.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-sav-gap-analysis/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-sav-gap-analysis-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-li-sav-gap-analysis-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts