Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-ipv6-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 22:32:53 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element WG of the IETF.

        Title           : PCEP Extensions for Segment Routing leveraging the IPv6 data plane
        Authors         : Cheng Li(Editor)
                          Mahendra Singh Negi
                          Siva Sivabalan
                          Mike Koldychev
                          Prejeeth Kaladharan
                          Yongqing Zhu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-ipv6-11.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2022-01-10

Abstract:
   The Source Packet Routing in Networking (SPRING) architecture
   describes how Segment Routing (SR) can be used to steer packets
   through an IPv6 or MPLS network using the source routing paradigm.
   SR enables any head-end node to select any path without relying on a
   hop-by-hop signaling technique (e.g., LDP or RSVP-TE).

   It depends only on "segments" that are advertised by Link- State
   IGPs.  A Segment Routed Path can be derived from a variety of
   mechanisms, including an IGP Shortest Path Tree (SPT), explicit
   configuration, or a Path Computation Element (PCE).

   Since SR can be applied to both MPLS and IPv6 forwarding plane, a PCE
   should be able to compute SR-Path for both MPLS and IPv6 forwarding
   plane.  This document describes the extensions required for SR
   support for IPv6 data plane in Path Computation Element communication
   Protocol (PCEP).  The PCEP extension and mechanism to support SR-MPLS
   is described in RFC 8664.  This document extends it to support SRv6
   (SR over IPv6).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-ipv6/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-ipv6-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-ipv6-11

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts