Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy-21.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 11:13:27 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Route Leak Prevention and Detection using Roles in UPDATE and OPEN Messages
        Authors         : Alexander Azimov
                          Eugene Bogomazov
                          Randy Bush
                          Keyur Patel
                          Kotikalapudi Sriram
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy-21.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2022-01-22

Abstract:
   Route leaks are the propagation of BGP prefixes that violate
   assumptions of BGP topology relationships, e.g., announcing a route
   learned from one transit provider to another transit provider or a
   lateral (i.e., non-transit) peer or announcing a route learned from
   one lateral peer to another lateral peer or a transit provider.
   These are usually the result of misconfigured or absent BGP route
   filtering or lack of coordination between autonomous systems (ASes).
   Existing approaches to leak prevention rely on marking routes by
   operator configuration, with no check that the configuration
   corresponds to that of the eBGP neighbor, or enforcement that the two
   eBGP speakers agree on the peering relationship.  This document
   enhances the BGP OPEN message to establish an agreement of the
   peering relationship on each eBGP session between autonomous systems
   in order to enforce appropriate configuration on both sides.
   Propagated routes are then marked according to the agreed
   relationship, allowing both prevention and detection of route leaks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy-21

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy-21

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts