Subject: I-D Action: draft-melnikov-imap-partial-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 04:28:26 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IMAP Paged SEARCH & FETCH Extension
        Authors         : Alexey Melnikov
                          Arun Prakash Achuthan
                          Vikram Nagulakonda
                          Luis Alves
	Filename        : draft-melnikov-imap-partial-03.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2022-01-12

Abstract:
   The PARTIAL extension of the Internet Message Access Protocol (RFC
   3501/RFC 9051) allows clients to limit the number of search results
   returned, as well as to perform incremental (paged) searches.  This
   also helps servers to optimize resource usage when performing
   searches.

   This document extends PARTIAL SEARCH return option originally
   specified in RFC 5267.  It also clarifies some interactions between
   RFC 5267 and RFC 4731/RFC 9051.

   This document also describes the MESSAGELIMIT extension for
   announcing a limit on the number of messages that can be processed in
   a single FETCH/SEARCH/STORE/COPY/MOVE command.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-melnikov-imap-partial/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-melnikov-imap-partial-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-melnikov-imap-partial-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts