Subject: I-D Action: draft-birkholz-rats-corim-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 11:49:59 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Concise Reference Integrity Manifest
        Authors         : Henk Birkholz
                          Thomas Fossati
                          Yogesh Deshpande
                          Ned Smith
                          Wei Pan
	Filename        : draft-birkholz-rats-corim-02.txt
	Pages           : 49
	Date            : 2022-01-26

Abstract:
   Remote Attestation Procedures (RATS) enable Relying Parties to put
   trust in the trustworthiness of a remote Attester and therefore to
   decide if to engage in secure interactions with it - or not.
   Evidence about trustworthiness can be rather complex, voluminous or
   Attester-specific.  As it is deemed unrealistic that every Relying
   Party is capable of the appraisal of Evidence, that burden is taken
   on by a Verifier.  In order to conduct Evidence appraisal procedures,
   a Verifier requires not only fresh Evidence from an Attester, but
   also trusted Endorsements and Reference Values from Endorsers, such
   as manufacturers, distributors, or owners.  This document specifies
   Concise Reference Integrity Manifests (CoRIM) that represent
   Endorsements and Reference Values in CBOR format.  Composite devices
   or systems are represented by a collection of Concise Module
   Identifiers (CoMID) and Concise Software Identifiers (CoSWID) bundled
   in a CoRIM document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-birkholz-rats-corim/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-birkholz-rats-corim-02.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-birkholz-rats-corim-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts