Subject: I-D Action: draft-chen-bier-frr-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2022 22:32:08 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BIER Fast ReRoute
        Authors         : Huaimo Chen
                          Mike McBride
                          Steffen Lindner
                          Michael Menth
                          Aijun Wang
                          Gyan S. Mishra
                          Yisong Liu
                          Yanhe Fan
                          Lei Liu
                          Xufeng Liu
	Filename        : draft-chen-bier-frr-04.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2022-01-02

Abstract:
   BIER is a scalable multicast overlay [RFC8279] that utilizes a
   routing underlay, e.g., IP, to build up its Bit Index Forwarding
   Tables (BIFTs).  This document proposes Fast Reroute Extensions for
   BIER (BIER-FRR).  It protects BIER traffic after detecting the
   failure of a link or node in the core of a BIER domain until affected
   BIFT entries are recomputed after reconvergence of the routing
   underlay.  The BIER-FRR extensions are applied locally at the point
   of local repair (PLR) and do not introduce any per-flow state.  The
   document specifies nomenclature for BIER-FRR and gives examples for
   its integration in BIER forwarding.  Furthermore, it presents
   operation modes for BIER-FRR.  Link and node protection may be chosen
   as protection level.  Moreover, the backup strategies tunnel-based
   BIER-FRR and LFA-based BIER-FRR are defined and compared.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-bier-frr/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-chen-bier-frr-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-chen-bier-frr-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts