Subject: I-D Action: draft-bestbar-teas-ns-packet-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 10:32:24 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Realizing Network Slices in IP/MPLS Networks
        Authors         : Tarek Saad
                          Vishnu Pavan Beeram
                          Bin Wen
                          Daniele Ceccarelli
                          Joel Halpern
                          Shaofu Peng
                          Ran Chen
                          Xufeng Liu
                          Luis M. Contreras
                          Reza Rokui
                          Luay Jalil
	Filename        : draft-bestbar-teas-ns-packet-07.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2022-01-11

Abstract:
   Network slicing provides the ability to partition a physical network
   into multiple logical networks of varying sizes, structures, and
   functions so that each slice can be dedicated to specific services or
   customers.  Network slices need to co-exist on the same network while
   ensuring slice elasticity in terms of network resource allocation.
   The Differentiated Service (Diffserv) model allows for carrying
   multiple services on top of a single physical network by relying on
   compliant domains and nodes to provide forwarding treatment
   (scheduling and drop policy) on to packets that carry the respective
   Diffserv code point.  This document adopts a similar approach to
   Diffserv and proposes a scalable approach to realize network slicing
   in IP/MPLS networks.  The solution does not mandate Diffserv to be
   enabled in the network to provide a specific forwarding treatment,
   but can co-exist with and complement it when enabled.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bestbar-teas-ns-packet/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bestbar-teas-ns-packet-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bestbar-teas-ns-packet-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts