Subject: I-D Action: draft-xzlnp-bier-ioam-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 17:54:30 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Bit Index Explicit Replication (BIER) Encapsulation for In-situ OAM (IOAM) Data
        Authors         : Xiao Min
                          Zheng(Sandy) Zhang
                          Yisong Liu
                          Nagendra Kumar Nainar
                          Carlos Pignataro
	Filename        : draft-xzlnp-bier-ioam-03.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2022-01-12

Abstract:
   In-situ Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (IOAM) records
   operational and telemetry information in the packet while the packet
   traverses a path in the network.  Bit Index Explicit Replication
   (BIER) is an architecture that provides optimal multicast forwarding
   through a "multicast domain", without requiring intermediate routers
   to maintain any per-flow state or to engage in an explicit tree-
   building protocol.  The BIER header contains a bit-string in which
   each bit represents exactly one egress router to forward the packet
   to.  This document outlines the requirements to carry IOAM data in
   BIER header and specifies how IOAM data fields are encapsulated in
   BIER header.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xzlnp-bier-ioam/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-xzlnp-bier-ioam-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-xzlnp-bier-ioam-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts