Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-hystartplusplus-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 09:31:57 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : HyStart++: Modified Slow Start for TCP
        Authors         : Praveen Balasubramanian
                          Yi Huang
                          Matt Olson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-hystartplusplus-04.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2022-01-23

Abstract:
   This doument describes HyStart++, a simple modification to the slow
   start phase of TCP congestion control algorithms.  Traditional slow
   start can overshoot the ideal send rate in many cases, causing high
   packet loss and poor performance.  HyStart++ uses a delay increase
   heuristic to find an exit point before possible overshoot.  It also
   adds a mitigation to prevent jitter from causing premature slow start
   exit.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-hystartplusplus/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-hystartplusplus-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-hystartplusplus-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts