Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ace-aif-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 06:29:30 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Authentication and Authorization for Constrained Environments WG of the IETF.

        Title           : An Authorization Information Format (AIF) for ACE
        Author          : Carsten Bormann
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ace-aif-04.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2022-01-28

Abstract:
   Constrained Devices as they are used in the "Internet of Things" need
   security.  One important element of this security is that devices in
   the Internet of Things need to be able to decide which operations
   requested of them should be considered authorized, need to ascertain
   that the authorization to request the operation does apply to the
   actual requester, and need to ascertain that other devices they place
   requests on are the ones they intended.

   To transfer detailed authorization information from an authorization
   manager (such as an ACE-OAuth Authorization Server) to a device, a
   compact representation format is needed.  This document provides a
   suggestion for such a format, the Authorization Information Format
   (AIF).  AIF is defined both as a general structure that can be used
   for many different applications and as a specific refinement that
   describes REST resources (potentially dynamically created) and the
   permissions on them.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-aif/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-ace-aif-04.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ace-aif-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts