Subject: I-D Action: draft-haas-idr-bfd-subcode-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2022 10:12:13 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP Cease Notification Subcode For BFD
        Author          : Jeffrey Haas
	Filename        : draft-haas-idr-bfd-subcode-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2022-01-05

Abstract:
   The Bidirectional Forwarding Detection protocol (BFD) is used to
   detect loss of connectivity between two forwarding elements,
   typically with low latency.  BFD is leveraged by routing protocols,
   including the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), to use that detection of
   loss of connectivity to bring down the protocol connections faster
   than the native protocol timers.

   This document defines a Subcode for the BGP Cease NOTIFICATION
   message for when a BGP connection is being closed due to a BFD
   session going down.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-haas-idr-bfd-subcode/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-haas-idr-bfd-subcode-00.html

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts