Subject: [iccrg] [Due Soon] IPSN 2019 PhD Forum - CALL FOR EXTENDED ABSTRACTS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2019 22:50:47 -0500

IPSN 2019 - the 18th ACM/IEEE
Int. Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (co-located with
CPS-IoT WEEK 2019) -
will host a Ph.D. Forum on networked sensing and control.

The Forum will
offer

(1) a constructive
environment for doctoral students to discuss their ongoing work towards the
Ph.D. with a panel of experienced researchers in the field;

(2) an opportunity for
the participants to initiate a personal network with both other Ph.D. students
and leading research experts, outside of their own group.

The Forum will be structured
as a series of short presentations by the students, followed by individual
discussions and feedback. The panelists will also offer their experience and
advice on how to carry out a successful Ph.D. and start a career as a
researcher. In addition,  the participants are also expected to
present a poster during the main conference in order to increase the visibility
of their ongoing work and gather further feedback from CPS-IoT WEEK
attendees.

Current Ph.D. students in the
middle stages of their career are encouraged to submit a 2-page extended
abstract about their dissertation research in sensor networking. While the Forum
is a venue to present ongoing (rather than completed) work, in this abstract,
the Ph.D. thesis statement should be clearly identified with the specific
problem addressed, the contribution expected to the field, the results achieved
so far, and the work planned ahead. The abstract shall also include a
one-paragraph bio of the student, along with information on how long he/she has
been in the Ph.D. program, the expected timeline towards graduation, and the
name of the supervisor(s). The student should be the sole author, although
contributions of others, e.g., the advisor, should be acknowledged.

Submissions will be reviewed
by the Ph.D. Forum committee to ensure quality, relevance, and potential benefit
from attendance to the Forum. Authors of accepted submissions are expected to
participate in person to the Forum. There will be no separate registration fee
for the Forum.

For any question, please
contact the Ph.D. Forum chairs: Matteo Ceriotti (matteo.ceriotti AT uni-due.de) and Hamed Yousefi
(hyousefi AT umich.edu).

***Submission
Guidelines***

- Submissions must be
received no later than February 15, 2019, via the submission site. The
topic scope is the same as that listed in the IPSN call for papers.

- Submissions must be in PDF
format, be written in English, of no more than two pages in length (all
inclusive), and adhere to the IPSN formatting
guidelines.

- The abstract should
include the author's name, affiliation, and email address.

***Important Dates***

- Submission: February
15, 2019 (11:59 PM, AoE)

- Notification of
Acceptance: February 22, 2019

***Organizers***

Chairs:

Matteo Ceriotti, University
of Duisburg-Essen, Germany

Hamed Yousefi, University of
Michigan, USA

Panel
(TBC):

Anthony Rowe (Carnegie
Mellon University, USA)

Olga Saukh (TU Graz,
Austria)

Ambuj Varshney (Uppsala
University, Sweden)