Subject: [ieee-ietf-coord] Draft of presentation on mac-address issue

From: Scott Mansfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2021 19:47:18 +0000

Hello,

Attached is a short presentation summarizing the mac-address format issue
that has been discussed for some time.  The slides have been discussed by
the IEEE YANGsters group and the intention is to present the information to
the NETMOD group during IETF 110 to get their feedback.

If anyone has concerns, questions, comments, suggestions, please let me
know.

Regards,

-scott.

---

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2021 12:49:58 +0100

Le 05/03/2021 à 20:47, Scott Mansfield a écrit :
> Hello,
> 
> Attached is a short presentation summarizing the mac-address format 
> issue that has been discussed for some time.  The slides have been 
> discussed by the IEEE YANGsters group and the intention is to present 
> the information to the NETMOD group during IETF 110 to get their feedback.
> 

Hi,

In one of the last slides it is asked maybe about other thoughts.

One potential other issue might be in the length of the MAC addresses, 
not just the ':' - '-' separator ambiguity, about which I agree.

I dont know whether 48bit lengths are hardcoded, but 64bit lengths for 
MAC addresses are probably possible in 802.15.7 "Visible Light Comms". 
I noticed this in ISO/CD 22738:2019; that might have been further updated.

Alex

> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> ieee-ietf-coord mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieee-ietf-coord
>