Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-andrews-http-srv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 06:33:40 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: HTTP host and port selection using URIs and SRV RRs
                          A generic mechanism for resolving port conflicts  
                          between URIs and SRV RRs
	Author(s)	: M. Andrews, T. Kottelin
	Filename	: draft-andrews-http-srv-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 06-Oct-00
	
Many of todays HTTP sites are virtual, that is they are hosted on a
machine that is not known by the name the HTTP site is known by.
This leads to the problem of how to rationally give these HTTP sites
IP addresses.  This has traditionally been done by using CNAMES
[RFC1034][RFC1035] or by using explicit IP address records where
CNAMES are illegal due to restrictions in the DNS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-andrews-http-srv-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-andrews-http-srv-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-andrews-http-srv-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.