Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cameron-tatu-bibp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 06:35:20 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Bibliographic Protocol Level 1: Link Resolution and 
                          Metapage Retrieval
	Author(s)	: R. Cameron, S. Tatu
	Filename	: draft-cameron-tatu-bibp-01.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 18-Oct-00
	
BibP (bibliographic protocol) links bibliographic identifiers of pub-
lished works to bibliographic services for those works.  Identifiers
follow the Universal Serial Item Name (USIN) scheme, providing a
scholar-friendly conventional notation for journal articles, books
and institutional publications, as well as a generic framework that
can scale to identify documents in any organized collection.  A
hierarchical resolution model emphasizes bibliographic services
available through local libraries backed up by publisher-specified
and global services.  Resolution is achieved through existing DNS
technology coupled with appropriate client-side support. Deployment
of BibP clients with most of the popular web browsers is possible
today; this paper presents one such client, written in JavaScript.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cameron-tatu-bibp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-cameron-tatu-bibp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cameron-tatu-bibp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.