Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rap-rsvp-newidentity-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 06:15:40 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Resource Allocation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Identity Representation for RSVP
	Author(s)	: S. Yadav, R. Yavatkar, R. Pabbati,
                          P. Ford, T. Moore, S. Herzog
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rap-rsvp-newidentity-01.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 24-Oct-00
	
This document describes the representation of identity information in
POLICY_DATA object [POL-EXT] for supporting policy based admission
control in RSVP. The goal of identity representation is to allow a
process on a system to securely identify the owner and the
application of the communicating process (e.g. user id) and convey
this information in RSVP messages (PATH or RESV) in a secure manner.
We describe the encoding of identities as RSVP policy element. We
describe the processing rules to generate identity policy elements
for multicast merged flows. Subsequently, we describe representations
of user identities for Kerberos and Public Key based user
authentication mechanisms. In summary we describe the use of this
identity information in an operational setting.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rap-rsvp-newidentity-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rap-rsvp-newidentity-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rap-rsvp-newidentity-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.