Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-aboba-dhc-mini-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 06:30:56 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Mini-DHCP Server
	Author(s)	: B. Aboba
	Filename	: draft-aboba-dhc-mini-02.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 05-Oct-00
	
Today, with the rapid rise of home networking, there is a need for
simple mechanisms of IPv4 address allocation and name resolution. This
document describes the behavior of the mini-DHCP server, a small scale
DHCP server implementation that typically resides on the home gateway.

As described in this document, the mini-DHCP server is capable of
allocating addresses either in single or multi-segment networks. It is
also capable of automatically detecting the presence of a full-fledged
DHCP server, or other mini-DHCP servers, and shutting down as required.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aboba-dhc-mini-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-aboba-dhc-mini-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-aboba-dhc-mini-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.