Subject: Protocol Action: Security Expectations for Internet Service Providers to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 06:43:29 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Security Expectations for
Internet Service Providers' <draft-ietf-grip-isp-expectations-06.txt>
as a BCP.  This document is the product of the Guidelines and
Recommendations for Security Incident Processing Working Group. The
IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and Randy Bush

Technical Summary
 
   The purpose of this document is to express the general Internet
   community's expectations of Internet Service Providers (ISPs) with
   respect to security.

   It is not the intent of this document to define a set of requirements
   that would be appropriate for all ISPs, but rather to raise awareness
   among ISPs of the community's expectations, and to provide the
   community with a framework for discussion of security expectations
   with current and prospective service providers.

Working Group Summary

 There was no dissent during WG last call.

Protocol Quality

 This document was reviewed for the IESG by Randy Bush.