Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-weltman-ldapv3-auth-response-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 06:16:22 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: LDAP Authentication Response Control
	Author(s)	: R. Weltman, M. Smith, M. Wahl
	Filename	: draft-weltman-ldapv3-auth-response-02.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 20-Oct-00
	
This document defines support for the Authentication Request Control
and the Authentication Response Control. Controls are an LDAP
protocol version 3 extension, to allow passing arbitrary control
information along with a standard request to a server, and to receive
arbitrary information back with a standard result. The Authentication
Request Control may be submitted by a client in a bind request if
authenticating with version 3 of the LDAP protocol. In the LDAP
server's bind response, it may then include an Authentication
Response Control. The response control contains the identity assumed
by the client. This is useful when there is a mapping step or other
indirection during the bind, so that the client can be told what LDAP
identity was granted. Client authentication with certificates is the
primary situation where this applies. Also, some SASL authentication
mechanisms may not involve the client explicitly providing a DN.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-weltman-ldapv3-auth-response-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-weltman-ldapv3-auth-response-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-weltman-ldapv3-auth-response-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.