Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-quittek-rtfm-generic-interface-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 06:35:00 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A high-level application-oriented interface to the 
                          traffic flow measurement architecture
	Author(s)	: J. Quittek, M. Pias
	Filename	: draft-quittek-rtfm-generic-interface-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 13-Oct-00
	
This memo specifies a high-level application-oriented interface to
the Realtime Traffic Flow Measurement (RTFM) Architecture.  The
abstract interface models the RTFM architecture while hiding many of
the details not relevant to an application programmer who want to
integrate IP traffic measurements into an application. Particularly
the interaction between manager, reader, and meter is hidden by the
interface, and rule sets used for traffic measurement specification
are replaced by simpler data structures. Furthermore, the RTFM
interface supports complex actions like modifying a traffic
measurement specification while it is already being applied. The
interface is defined in an abstract way.  It can be implemented by an
application programming interface as well as by a network protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-quittek-rtfm-generic-interface-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-quittek-rtfm-generic-interface-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-quittek-rtfm-generic-interface-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.