Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jaseem-rap-cops-mip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 06:54:46 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: COPS usage for Mobile IP (MIP)
	Author(s)	: M. Jaseemuddin, A. Lakas
	Filename	: draft-jaseem-rap-cops-mip-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 03-Oct-00
	
Mobile IP is a protocol that is used to achieve transparent routing 
of IP packets to a mobile node. A mobile node obtains a care-of-
address in the foreign network and registers that address with the 
home agent. The home agent as well as the foreign agent can apply 
policies to the mobile node registration. This draft defines COPS 
[1] usage for Mobile IPv4 [2]. It describes how COPS is used to 
control Mobile IP registration based on policies. It defines the 
interactions between the PEP and the PDP to handle Mobile IP 
registration messages. It also provides a guideline for mobility 
agents on how to use this COPS client with regards to the 
registration messages.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jaseem-rap-cops-mip-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jaseem-rap-cops-mip-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jaseem-rap-cops-mip-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.