Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-green-cdnp-gen-arch-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 06:49:24 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: CDN Peering Architectural Overview
	Author(s)	: M. Green, B. Cain, G. Tomlinson
	Filename	: draft-green-cdnp-gen-arch-00.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 02-Oct-00
	
This memo presents the general architecture and core building blocks
used in the peering of content distribution networks (CDNs). This
involves the interconnection of CDNs to create larger virtual CDNs
with greater reach, while still retaining the same simple interface
to both content providers and viewers.  The scope of this work is
limited to external interconnections between CDNs and does not
address internal mechanisms used within CDNs, which for the purpose
of the document are considered to be black boxes. This work is
intended to establish an abstract architectural framework to be used
in the development of protocols, interfaces and system models for
standardized, interoperable, peering among CDNs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-green-cdnp-gen-arch-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-green-cdnp-gen-arch-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-green-cdnp-gen-arch-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.