Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mmeredith-rootdse-vendor-info-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 06:49:39 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Storing Vendor Information in the LDAP root DSE
	Author(s)	: M. Meredith
	Filename	: draft-mmeredith-rootdse-vendor-info-03.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 02-Oct-00
	
This document specifies two LDAP attributes, vendorName and
vendorVersion that MAY be included in the root DSE to advertise
vendor-specific information. These two attributes supplement the
attributes defined in section 3.4 of [RFC-2251].
The information held in these attributes MAY be used for display and
informational purposes and MUST NOT be used for feature
advertisement or discovery.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mmeredith-rootdse-vendor-info-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mmeredith-rootdse-vendor-info-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mmeredith-rootdse-vendor-info-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.