Subject: RFC 2974 on Session Announcement Protocol

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 12:03:53 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2974

        Title:	    Session Announcement Protocol
        Author(s):  M. Handley, C. Perkins, E. Whelan
        Status:     Experimental
	Date:       October 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked] 
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 40129
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    none

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-sap-v2-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2974.txt

This document describes version 2 of the multicast session
directory announcement protocol, Session Announcement Protocol
(SAP), and the related issues affecting security and scalability that
should be taken into account by implementors.

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session
Control Working Group of the IETF.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited. 

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.