Subject: RFC 2968 on Mesh of Multiple DAG servers

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 16:52:46 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2968

        Title:	    Mesh of Multiple DAG servers - Results from TISDAG
        Author(s):  L. Daigle, T. Eklof
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       October 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 19306
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    none

        I-D Tag:    draft-daigle-dag-mesh-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2968.txt

The Common Indexing Protocol ([CIP1]) is designed to facilitate the
creation not only of query referral indexes, but also of meshes of
(loosely) affiliated referral indexes.  The purpose of such a mesh of
servers is to implement some kind of distributed sharing of indexing
and/or searching tasks across different servers.  So far, the TISDAG
(Technical Infrastructure for Swedish Directory Access Gateways)
project ([TISDAG], [DAGEXP]) has focused on creating a single referral
index; the obvious next step is to integrate that into a larger set of
interoperating services.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.