Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-bmwg-mcastm-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 06:46:49 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Methodology for IP Multicast Benchmarking
	Author(s)	: H. Soor, D. Stopp, R. Daniels
	Filename	: draft-ietf-bmwg-mcastm-05.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 25-Oct-00
	
The purpose of this draft is to describe methodology specific to  the
benchmarking  of  multicast IP forwarding devices. It builds upon the
tenets set forth in RFC 2544, RFC 2432 and  other  IETF  Benchmarking
Methodology  Working  Group  (BMWG)  efforts.  This document seeks to
extend these efforts to the multicast paradigm.
The BMWG  produces  two  major  classes  of  documents:  Benchmarking
Terminology  documents  and  Benchmarking  Methodology documents. The
Terminology documents present the benchmarks and other related terms.
The  Methodology  documents define the procedures required to collect
the benchmarks cited in the corresponding Terminology documents.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-mcastm-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-bmwg-mcastm-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-mcastm-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.