Subject: RFC 2980 on Common NNTP Extensions

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 08:47:49 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2980

        Title:	    Common NNTP Extensions
        Author(s):  S. Barber
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       October 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 57165
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nntpext-imp-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2980.txt

In this document, a number of popular extensions to the Network News
Transfer Protocol (NNTP) protocol defined in RFC 977 are documented
and discussed.  While this document is not intended to serve as a
standard of any kind, it will hopefully serve as a reference document
for future implementers of the NNTP protocol.  In the role, this
document would hopefully create the possibility for some level of
interoperability among implementations that make use of extensions. 

This document is a product of the NNTP Extensions Working Group of the
IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.