Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-tseng-ips-isns-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 06:10:31 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: iSNS Internet Storage Name Service
	Author(s)	: K. Gibbons, J. Tseng, C. Monia
	Filename	: draft-tseng-ips-isns-00.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 23-Oct-00
	
The Internet Storage Name Service (iSNS) provides a generic
framework for configuring and managing various storage entities and
their usage attributes in an IP-based storage network.  iSNS
integrates Fibre Channel name server and DNS mechanisms into a
common naming and resource-discovery framework.  The iSNS Protocol
(iSNSP) defines how entities communicate with the iSNS server to
discover and utilize available networked storage resources.  The
iSNS server MAY be supported by a consolidated iSNS directory
database, which serves as a repository to store information about
various storage resources, providing easy access to topology
information for storage entities.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tseng-ips-isns-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-tseng-ips-isns-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-tseng-ips-isns-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.