Subject: Protocol Action: IETF Discussion List Charter to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 17:01:25 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'IETF Discussion List Charter'
<draft-ietf-poisson-listaup-02.txt> as a BCP.  This document is the
product of the Process for Organization of Internet Standards ONgoing
Working Group.  The IESG contact person is Fred Baker.

Technical Summary
 
 The IETF discussion mailing list furthers the development and
 specification of Internet technology through discussion of technical
 issues and hosts discussions of IETF direction, policy, meetings, and
 procedures.  As this is the most general IETF mailing list, considerable
 latitude is allowed.  But to maintain quality of content and to allow all
 voices to be fairly heard, rules for posting and process for dealing with
 abuse are necessary.  This document describes these rules and processes.

Working Group Summary

  The working group reached consensus on this proposal

Protocol Quality

  Randy Bush reviewed this document for the IESG.