Subject: Protocol Action: Registration of parityfec MIME types to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 14:46:36 -0400

The IESG has approved Registration of parityfec MIME types
<draft-ietf-avt-fecmime-01.txt> for publication as a Proposed Standard.

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Working
Group.  The IESG contact persons are Allison Mankin and Scott Bradner.

Technical Summary
 
 The RTP payload format for generic forward error correction (RFC 2733)
 allows RTP participants to improve loss resiliency through the use of
 traditional parity based channel codes. This payload format requires four
 new MIME types, audio/parityfec, video/parityfec, text/parityfec and
 application/parityfec. "The Registration of parityfec MIME types" document
 serves as the MIME type registration for these formats.

Working Group Summary

 The working group supported advancing this document.

Protocol Quality

 This document was reviewed for the IESG by Allison Mankin.

Note to RFC Editor:

Please modify draft-ietf-avt-fecmime-01.txt by replacing all four
occurances of:

          Security considerations: none

with:

          Security considerations:  the same security considerations
          apply to these mime registrations as to the payloads for
          them, as detailed in RFC 2733.