Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-tsenevir-8021qmpls-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 06:35:38 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Use of CR-LDP or RSVP-TE to Extend 802.1Q 
                          Virtual LANs across MPLS Networks
	Author(s)	: T. Senevirathne, P. Billinghurst
	Filename	: draft-tsenevir-8021qmpls-01.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 13-Oct-00
	
This document presents a discussion on possible methods for 
extending Layer 2 Virtual LANs across MPLS networks through the use 
of CR-LDP or RSVP. Special note is taken on extending 802.1Q Tagged 
VLANs across MPLS networks. A new Forward Equivalence class called 
VLAN Forwarding Equivalence class (VFEC) is defined. Creating 
traffic engineered LSP based on P bit of the 802.1Q Tag is also a 
key focus of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tsenevir-8021qmpls-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-tsenevir-8021qmpls-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-tsenevir-8021qmpls-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.