Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mule-sip-t38callflows-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 06:46:40 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SIP T.38 Call Flow Examples And Best Current Practice
	Author(s)	: J. Mule
	Filename	: draft-mule-sip-t38callflows-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 16-Oct-00
	
This document gives examples of SIP call flows for T.38 Internet fax 
communications (SIP, the Session Initiation Protocol is defined in 
RFC2543 [2] and T.38 is an ITU-T Recommendation [3]).  Elements in 
these call flows include SIP User Agents, SIP Proxy Servers, and 
Gateways to the PSTN (Public Switch Telephone Network). 
This document introduces best current practices for T.38 fax calls: 
a call starts with audio capabilities, and, upon fax tone detection, 
T.38 fax capabilities are negotiated.  The T.38 fax call scenarios 
include the detection of T.38 fax transmission by the receiving 
side, or the emitting side, or both (in the latter case, a 'glare' 
effect may appear).  The current version of this document only 
covers the case when the fax tone is detected by the receiving side 
(other cases were left for discussion and may be included in the 
future).  Call flow diagrams and message details are shown.  A list 
of IANA defined SDP attribute names for T.38 is summarized in 
section 5.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mule-sip-t38callflows-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mule-sip-t38callflows-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mule-sip-t38callflows-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.