Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rmt-buildingblocks-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 06:32:24 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Reliable Multicast Transport Building Blocks for 
                          One-to-Many Bulk-Data Transfer
	Author(s)	: B. Whetten, L. Vicisano, R. Kermode, 
                          M. Handley, S. Floyd, M. Luby
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rmt-buildingblocks-03.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 17-Oct-00
	
This document describes a framework for the standardization of bulk-data
reliable multicast transport.  It builds upon the experience gained
during the deployment of several classes of contemporary reliable
multicast transport, and attempts to pull out the commonalities between
these classes of protocols into a number of building blocks. To that
end, this document recommends that certain components that are common to
multiple protocol classes be standardized as 'building blocks.' The
remaining parts of the protocols, consisting of highly protocol
specific, tightly intertwined functions, shall be designated as
'protocol cores.'  Thus, each protocol can then be constructed by
merging a 'protocol core' with a number of 'building blocks' which can
be re-used across multiple protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-buildingblocks-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rmt-buildingblocks-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-buildingblocks-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.