Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-cnrp-uri-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 06:31:31 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Name Resolution Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The 'go'URI Scheme for the Common Name Resolution 
                          Protocol
	Author(s)	: M. Mealling
	Filename	: draft-ietf-cnrp-uri-04.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 17-Oct-00
	
This document defines a URI scheme, 'go:' to be used with the Common
Name Resolution Protocol. Specifically it lays out the syntactic
components and how those components are used by URI Resolution to
find the available transports for a CNRP service. Care should be
taken with several of the URI components because, while they may
look like components found in other URI schemes, they often do not
act like them. The 'go'scheme has more in common with the location
independent 'news' scheme than any other URI scheme.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cnrp-uri-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-cnrp-uri-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cnrp-uri-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.