Subject: RFC 2969 on Wide Area Directory Deployment

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 16:54:43 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2969

        Title:	    Wide Area Directory Deployment - Experiences from
                    TISDAG 
        Author(s):  T. Eklof, L. Daigle
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       October 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 43002
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    none

        I-D Tag:    draft-eklof-dag-experiences-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2969.txt

The TISDAG (Technical Infrastructure for Swedish Directory Access
Gateway) project provided valuable insight into the current reality
of deploying a wide-scale directory service.  This document
catalogues some of the experiences gained in developing the necessary
infrastructure for a national (i.e., multi-organizational) directory
service and pilot deployment of the service in an environment with
off-the-shelf directory service products.  A perspective on the
project's relationship to other directory deployment projects is
provided, along with some proposals for future extensions of the work
(larger scale deployment, other application areas).
 
These are our own observations, based on work done and general
project discussions.  No doubt, other project participants have their
own list of project experiences; we don't claim this document is
exhaustive!

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.