Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rs-optical-bundling-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 06:49:29 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Link Bundling in Optical Networks
	Author(s)	: B. Rajagopalan, D. Saha
	Filename	: draft-rs-optical-bundling-01.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 02-Oct-00
	
In an optical mesh network, two adjacent optical cross connects
(OXCs) may have multiple, parallel, discrete bandwidth links
connecting them [1].  When a link state routing protocol is used,
these links may all be bundled together and advertised in a single
link state advertisement (LSA). This draft describes the
requirements, and proposes a method for bundling optical links. The
proposed method aims to reduce the number of routing adjacencies
between neighboring nodes, and works in conjunction with a link
management protocol (e.g., LMP [2]). The discussion in this draft is
related specifically to OSPF.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rs-optical-bundling-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rs-optical-bundling-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rs-optical-bundling-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.