Subject: Protocol Action: IP Version 6 Addressing Architecture to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 19:08:24 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'IP Version 6 Addressing 
Architecture' <draft-ietf-ipngwg-addr-arch-v3-11.txt> as a Proposed 
Standard.  This document is the product of the IP Version 6 Working 
Group.  The IESG contact persons are Thomas Narten and Erik Nordmark.

Technical Summary
 
This specification defines the addressing architecture of the IP
Version 6 protocol (RFC 2460). The document includes the IPv6
addressing model, text representations of IPv6 addresses, definition
of IPv6 unicast addresses, anycast addresses, and multicast addresses,
and an IPv6 node's required addresses.

Working Group Summary
 
This document was approved by the IESG as a Draft Standard in October,
2002. Subsequently, an appeal was filed regarding the IESG decision,
and the IAB issued a response in which it annulled the IESG approval
for Draft Standard. The IAB response included the following:

        We recommend to the IESG that the current version of the I-D 
	  draft be published as a Proposed Standard.

That is what this protocol action does.

The working group supported the recomendation to publish the current
document as a Proposed Standard.

Protocol Quality
 
This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Thomas Narten.