Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-choi-gmpls-label-framework-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 06:50:50 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Framework for GMPLS Label Encoding
	Author(s)	: J. Choi et al.
	Filename	: draft-choi-gmpls-label-framework-01.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2003-3-6
	
Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) extends the MPLS 
control plane to encompass packet switching, time-division, lambda 
and fiber switching. The new forms of label which used in GMPLS to 
deal with the widening scope of MPLS into the optical and time domain 
are collectively referred to as a 'Generalized Label'. In this draft 
for extending MPLS label specification [5], we describe the concept 
and characteristics of Generalized Label for GMPLS. We also discuss 
the format and considerations for label encoding. Particularly we 
present the necessity of mapping rule at ingress and egress switching 
interface where data flows with label of a different granularity are 
merged into the aggregated data flow of large bandwidth.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-choi-gmpls-label-framework-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-choi-gmpls-label-framework-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-choi-gmpls-label-framework-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.