Subject: REVISED: Protocol Action: RTP Payload Format for ETSI ES 201 108 Distributed Speech Recognition Encoding to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 17:56:59 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'RTP Payload Format for 
ETSI ES 201 108 Distributed Speech Recognition Encoding' 
<draft-ietf-avt-dsr-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This document is 
the product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group.  The IESG 
contact persons are Allison Mankin and Scott Bradner.

Technical Summary

This document specifies an RTP payload format for encapsulating ETSI
Standard ES 201 108 front-end signal processing feature streams for
distributed speech recognition (DSR) systems. The use of RTP enables
the distributed systems scenarios to be broader. The payload consists
of concatenated Frame Pairs (FP) of the ETSI-defined inputs, and 
guidance is provided on the size and timing issues of placing the voice 
recognition signals in the RTP payloads.

Besides defining the payload, the document specifies and registers the
MIME subtype audio/dsr-es201108.

Working Group Summary

The Audio-Video Transport Working Group supported advancement
of this specification. In addition, there has been coordination
with respect to the Speech Services Control Working Group.

Protocol Quality

The protocol was reviewed for the IESG by Allison Mankin.

RFC Editor Note:

RFC Editor, please add after the References a section titled
"Copyright Notice," containing RFC 2026, Section 10.4 (C), followed
by a section titled "IPR Notices", containing RFC 2026, Sections
10.4 (A) and 10.4(B)