Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-profile-new-13.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 15:31:35 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RTP Profile for Audio and Video Conferences with 
                          Minimal Control
	Author(s)	: H. Schulzrinne, S. Casner
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-profile-new-13.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 45
	Date		: 2003-3-7
	
This document describes a profile called 'RTP/AVP' for the use of the
real-time transport protocol (RTP), version 2, and the associated
control protocol, RTCP, within audio and video multiparticipant
conferences with minimal control.  It provides interpretations of
generic fields within the RTP specification suitable for audio and
video conferences.  In particular, this document defines a set of
default mappings from payload type numbers to encodings.
This document also describes how audio and video data may be carried
within RTP.  It defines a set of standard encodings and their names
when used within RTP.  The descriptions provide pointers to reference
implementations and the detailed standards.  This document is meant
as an aid for implementors of audio, video and other real-time
multimedia applications.
This memorandum obsoletes RFC 1890.  It is mostly backwards-
compatible except for functions removed because two interoperable
implementations were not found.  The additions to RFC 1890 codify
existing practice in the use of payload formats under this profile
and include new payload formats defined since RFC 1890 was published.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-profile-new-13.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-profile-new-13.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-profile-new-13.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.