Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-blumenthal-aes-usm-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 15:32:29 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The AES  Cipher Algorithm in the SNMP's User-based Security Model
	Author(s)	: U. Blumenthal, F. Maino, K. McCloghrie
	Filename	: draft-blumenthal-aes-usm-05.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2003-3-7
	
This document describes a symmetric encryption protocol that 
supplement the protocols described in the User-based Security 
Model (USM), which is a Security Subsystem for version 3 of the 
Simple Network Management Protocol for use in the SNMP 
Architecture. The symmetric encryption protocol described in this 
document is based on the AES cipher algorithm, used in Cipher 
FeedBack Mode (CFB), with key size of 128 bits.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-blumenthal-aes-usm-05.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-blumenthal-aes-usm-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-blumenthal-aes-usm-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.