Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hayashi-igap-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 15:33:48 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IGMP for user Authentication Protocol (IGAP)
	Author(s)	: T. Hayashi et al.
	Filename	: draft-hayashi-igap-01.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 2003-3-7
	
This memo documents the IGMP for user Authentication Protocol (IGAP),
a protocol developed by NTT, Nortel Networks and Panasonic. IGAP
extends the existing IGMPv2 protocol to add user authentication
functionality, accounting functionality and status notification
functionality. IGAP is only used in IPv4 environment. In a controlled
or managed multicast environment, IGAP can be used to replace IGMP
for group membership communication between hosts and their associated
first hop routers. The user authentication information in IGAP can
enable a provider to control the distribution of the multicast
traffic as well as collecting real time user accounting information
in an environment where the last hop access networks are not shared.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hayashi-igap-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hayashi-igap-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hayashi-igap-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.