Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-arkko-manual-icmpv6-sas-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 15:34:26 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Manual Configuration of Security Associations for IPv6
                          Neighbor Discovery
	Author(s)	: J. Arkko et al.
	Filename	: draft-arkko-manual-icmpv6-sas-02.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2003-3-7
	
This informational document discusses the use of manually configured
IPsec security associations to protect IPv6 Neighbor Discovery (ND)
messages.  IPsec security associations are generally identified by
the triple (security parameters index, destination address,
protocol).  In the case of Neighbor Discovery, configuring these
associations requires some effort, however.  There are multiple known
destination addresses plus a number of addresses that depend on the
physical link addresses.  This document describes the security
implications of protecting or not protecting the Neighbor Discovery
messages and lists the security associations that must be configured
manually.  The presented method is applicable only in small networks,
but some approaches for reducing the configuration effort are
discussed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-arkko-manual-icmpv6-sas-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-arkko-manual-icmpv6-sas-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-arkko-manual-icmpv6-sas-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.