Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-l2tpext-v92-moh-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 07:46:24 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer Two Tunneling Protocol Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Signalling of Modem-On-Hold status in Layer 2 
                          Tunneling Protocol (L2TP)
	Author(s)	: I. Goyret
	Filename	: draft-ietf-l2tpext-v92-moh-05.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2003-3-26
	
The Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) defines a mechanism for
tunneling Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) sessions. It is common for
these PPP sessions to be established using modems connected over the
public switched telephone network.
One of the standards governing modem operation defines procedures
that enable a client modem to put the call on hold and later, re-
establish the modem link with minimal delay and without having to
redial.  While the modem call is on hold, the client phone line can
be used to place or receive other calls.
The L2TP base protocol does not provide any means to signal these
events from the L2TP Access Controller (LAC), where the modem is
physically connected, to the L2TP Network Server (LNS), where the PPP
session is handled.
This document describes a method to let the LNS know when a client
modem connected to a LAC has placed the call on hold.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2tpext-v92-moh-05.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-l2tpext-v92-moh-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2tpext-v92-moh-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.