Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-marshall-security-audit-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 07:24:35 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Security Audit and Access Accountability Message  
                          Data Definitions for Healthcare Applications
	Author(s)	: G. Marshall
	Filename	: draft-marshall-security-audit-02.txt
	Pages		: 38
	Date		: 2003-3-20
	
To help assure healthcare privacy and security in automated systems, 
usage data need to be collected.  These data will be reviewed by 
administrative staff to verify that healthcare data is being used in 
accordance with the healthcare provider's data security requirements 
and to establish accountability for data use.  This review process is 
called security auditing.   
This document defines security auditing data to be collected by 
healthcare application systems for subsequent use by an automation-
assisted review application.  The data includes records of who 
accessed healthcare data, when, for what purpose, from where, and 
which patients' records were involved.  The data definition is an XML 
schema to be used as a reference by healthcare standards developers 
and application designers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-marshall-security-audit-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-marshall-security-audit-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-marshall-security-audit-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.