Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nadeau-ietf-oam-requirements-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 06:26:08 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: OAM Requirements for MPLS Networks
	Author(s)	: T. Nadeau et al.
	Filename	: draft-nadeau-ietf-oam-requirements-01.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2003-3-5
	
As transport of diverse traffic types such as voice, frame
relay, and ATM over MPLS become more common, the ability to detect,
handle and diagnose control and data plane defects becomes critical.
Detection and specification of how to handle those defects is not
only important because such defects may not only affect the
fundamental operation of an MPLS network, but also because they
may impact SLA commitments for customers of that network.
This Internet draft describes requirements for user and data
plane operations and management (OAM) for Multi-Protocol
Label Switching (MPLS). These requirements have been gathered
from network operators who have extensive experience deploying
MPLS networks, similarly some of these requirements have
appeared in other documents [Y1710]. This draft specifies OAM
requirements for MPLS, as well as for applications of MPLS such
as pseudowire voice and VPN services. Those interested in specific
issues relating to instrumenting MPLS for OAM purposes are directed
to [FRAMEWORK]

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nadeau-ietf-oam-requirements-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-nadeau-ietf-oam-requirements-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nadeau-ietf-oam-requirements-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.