Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-mwpp-midi-rtp-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 06:24:23 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The MIDI Wire Protocol Packetization (MWPP)
	Author(s)	: J. Lazzaro, J. Wawrzynek
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-mwpp-midi-rtp-06.txt
	Pages		: 100
	Date		: 2003-3-5
	
The MIDI Wire Protocol Packetization (MWPP) is a general-purpose
RTP packetization for the MIDI command language. MWPP is suitable
for use in both interactive applications (such as the remote
operation of musical instruments) and content-delivery applications
(such as MIDI file streaming). MWPP is suitable for use over
unicast and multicast UDP, and defines tools that support the
graceful recovery from packet loss. MWPP may also be used over
reliable transport such as TCP. The SDP parameters defined for MWPP
support the customization of stream behavior (including the MIDI
rendering method) during session setup. MWPP is compatible with the
MPEG-4 generic RTP payload format, to support the MPEG 4 Audio
object types for General MIDI, DLS2, and Structured Audio.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-mwpp-midi-rtp-06.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-mwpp-midi-rtp-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-mwpp-midi-rtp-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.