Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-deoliveira-diff-te-preemption-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 07:24:03 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: LSP Preemption policies for Diff-Serv-aware MPLS 
                          Traffic Engineering
	Author(s)	: J. de Oliveira et al.
	Filename	: draft-deoliveira-diff-te-preemption-01.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2003-3-21
	
When the establishment of a higher priority LSP requires the preemption 
of a set of lower priority LSPs, a node has to make a local decision 
on the set of preemptable LSPs and select which LSPs will be preempted,
based on a certain objective, in order to accomodate the newly signaled 
high priority LSP. The preempted LSPs are then rerouted. This draft 
documents a preemption policy which can be modified in order to stress 
different objectives: preempt the lowest priority LSPs, preempt the 
minimum number of LSPs, preempt the exact required bandwidth in order 
to fit the new LSP. Simulation results are given and a comparison among
several different policies, with respect to preemption cascading, number 
of preempted LSPs, priority and wasted bandwidth is also included.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-deoliveira-diff-te-preemption-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-deoliveira-diff-te-preemption-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-deoliveira-diff-te-preemption-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.