Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-paultan-seamless-ipv6-handoff-802-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 06:29:37 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Recommendations for Achieving Seamless IPv6 Handover 
                          in IEEE 802.11 Networks
	Author(s)	: P. Tan
	Filename	: draft-paultan-seamless-ipv6-handoff-802-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2003-3-4
	
To achieve seamless layer 3 handover, mobile nodes must be able to 
perform movement detection and neighborhood candidate access routers 
discovery quickly and efficiently.  
In this document, we present a conceptual overview on how to extend 
the IEEE 802.11 Management frames to carry extensible application-
specific Information Element, which allow access points to advertise 
the capabilities information of its associated network/provider and 
to improve movement detection. We believe that mobile nodes can thus 
dynamically discover neighboring candidate access routers or 
networks more quickly and efficiently, and also to obtain valuable 
capabilities information so as to select the 'best' target access 
router to initiate seamless handover.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-paultan-seamless-ipv6-handoff-802-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-paultan-seamless-ipv6-handoff-802-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-paultan-seamless-ipv6-handoff-802-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.