Subject: 56th IETF Meeting - Transitions Planning BOF (6bonebof)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 12:07:50 -0500

Transitions Planning BOF (6bonebof)

Tuesday, March 18 at 1700-1800
===============================

CHAIR: Jordi Palet Martinez <[email-masked]>

FULL DESCRIPTION:

The 6bone, the IPv6 testbed network developed under the aegis of the IETF 
in 1996, is now discussing two important transition topics that need 
to be discussed further in a session at IETF-56. The transfer of 6bone address
management responsibilities to RIRs has been under discussion during 2002 
and there now needs to be some closure on the topic. An open meeting at IETF-56 
will facilitate this.  Also, the planning for the phaseout of the 6bone started 
in January 2003 and thus needs its first open discussion at IETF-56.

AGENDA:

Status and discussion of the proposal for the "transfer of 6bone address 
management responsibilities to RIRs" - Bob Fink and appropriate RIR folk, 
30 minutes
<http://www.6bone.net/ngtrans/IETF-54-Yokohama/6bone-registry.pdf>

Presentation of the 6bone phaseout plan - Bob Hinden, 10 mins
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fink-6bone-phaseout-00.txt>

Discussion of the 6bone phaseout plan - 20 mins