Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dcsgroup-sipping-proxy-proxy-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 06:51:48 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Private Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
                          Proxy-to-Proxy Extensions for Supporting the 
                          PacketCable Distributed Call Signaling Architecture
	Author(s)	: W. Marshall, F. Andreasen
	Filename	: draft-dcsgroup-sipping-proxy-proxy-03.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2003-3-6
	
In order to deploy a residential telephone service at very large
scale across different domains, it is necessary for trusted elements
owned by different service providers to exchange trusted information
that conveys customer-specific information and expectations about
the parties involved in the call. This document describes private
extensions to the Session Initiation Protocol (RFC3261) for
supporting the exchange of customer information and billing
information between trusted entities in the architecture described
in 'Architectural Considerations for Providing Carrier Class
Telephony Services Utilizing SIP-based Distributed Call Control
Mechanisms' (RFCXXXX) (Note: replace with RFC number of draft-
dcsgroup-sipping-arch). The use of the extensions is only applicable
in administrative domains, or among federations of administrative
domains with previously agreed-upon policies where coordination of
charging and other functions is required.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dcsgroup-sipping-proxy-proxy-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-dcsgroup-sipping-proxy-proxy-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dcsgroup-sipping-proxy-proxy-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.