Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-venkateswaran-idr-bgp4-sync-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 15:32:14 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Synchronization in Border Gateway Protocol
	Author(s)	: V. Girish
	Filename	: draft-venkateswaran-idr-bgp4-sync-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2003-3-7
	
BGP (Border gateway Protocol) is a routing protocol, which shares
the information of its routing table on incremental basis.
BGP needs to interact with the IGP peers within the autonomous
system when all the routers inside the autonomous system do not run
BGP. This document provides a detailed implementation of
synchronization in BGP.
This document specifies some implementation specifics of
synchronization and also throws some of the pros and cons involved
in implementing synchronization. This also reveals the points to be
taken care when transition happens from synchronization to No
synchronization and vice versa. Some of the precautions that are to
be taken before implementing synchronization in BGP are also
highlighted here.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-venkateswaran-idr-bgp4-sync-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-venkateswaran-idr-bgp4-sync-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-venkateswaran-idr-bgp4-sync-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.