Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mobileip-lmm-requirements-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 06:52:59 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Routing for Wireless/Mobile Hosts Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Localized Mobility Management Requirements
	Author(s)	: C. Williams
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mobileip-lmm-requirements-03.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2003-3-6
	
This document describes requirements for Localized Mobility
Management (LMM) for Mobile IP and Mobile Ipv6 protocols.  
These requirements are intended to guide the design of a protocol 
specification for LMM.  Localized Mobility Management, in general,
introduces enhancements to Mobile IPv4 and Mobile IPv6 to
reduce the amount of latency in binding updates sent to the Home
Agent and, for route-optimization, Correspondent Nodes, upon
Care of Address change. In addition, LMM seeks to reduce the
amount of signaling over the global Internet when a mobile
node traverses within a defined local domain.  The identified 
requirements are essential for localized mobility management 
functionality. They are intended to be used as a guide for 
analysis on the observed benefits over the identified requirements 
for architecting and deploying LMM schemes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-lmm-requirements-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mobileip-lmm-requirements-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-lmm-requirements-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.