Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lee-ccamp-rsvp-te-exclude-route-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 06:50:41 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Exclude Routes - Extension to RSVP-TE
	Author(s)	: C. Lee, A. Farrel, S. De Cnodder
	Filename	: draft-lee-ccamp-rsvp-te-exclude-route-02.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2003-3-6
	
The current RSVP-TE specification, 'RSVP-TE: Extensions to RSVP for
LSP Tunnels' (RFC 3209) and GMPLS extensions to RSVP-TE, 'Generalized
Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Signaling Resource ReserVation
Protocol-Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) Extensions' (RFC 3473) allow
abstract nodes and resources to be explicitly included in a path
setup, but not to be explicitly excluded.
In some systems where precise explicit paths are not computed at the
head end it may be useful to specify and signal abstract nodes and
resources that are to be explicitly excluded from routes.  These
exclusions may apply to the whole of a path, or to parts of a path
between two abstract nodes specified in an explicit route.
Shared Risk Link Groups (SRLGs) allow the definition of resources or
groups of resources that share the same risk of failure.  The
knowledge of SRLGs may be used to compute diverse paths that can be
used for protection.  In systems where it is useful to signal
exclusions, it may be useful to signal SRLGs to indicate groups of
resources that should be excluded on the whole of a path or between
two abstract nodes specified in an explicit path.
This document specifies ways to communicate route exclusions during
path setup using RSVP-TE.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lee-ccamp-rsvp-te-exclude-route-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lee-ccamp-rsvp-te-exclude-route-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lee-ccamp-rsvp-te-exclude-route-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.