Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-isis-igp-p2p-over-lan-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 07:46:19 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Point-to-point operation over LAN in link-state 
                          routing protocols
	Author(s)	: N. Shen et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-isis-igp-p2p-over-lan-02.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2003-3-26
	
The two predominant circuit types used by link state routing
protocols are point-to-point and broadcast. It is important to 
identify the correct circuit type when forming adjacencies, 
flooding link state database packets, and representing the circuit
topologically. This document describes a simple mechanism to treat
the broadcast network as a point-to-point connection from the 
standpoint of IP routing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-igp-p2p-over-lan-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-isis-igp-p2p-over-lan-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-igp-p2p-over-lan-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.