Subject: 56th IETF Meeting - Uniform Resource Identifiers BOF (uribof)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 12:16:13 -0500

Uniform Resource Identifiers BOF (uribof)

Thursday, March 20 at 1300-1500
===============================  

CHAIR:  Larry Masinter <[email-masked]>

AGENDA and goals:

* 5 min Larry Masinter
        Introduction, Agenda bashing

* 30 min Roy Fielding
        Updating RFC 2396 (URI) to Standard
        http://www.apache.org/~fielding/uri/rev-2002/issues.html
        Goals: disseminate information about activity
               encourage focus on issues
               review issue list
               create schedule and milestones

* 30 min Martin Duerst
        Review plans for IRI to Proposed Standard
         http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-duerst-iri-02.txt
 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2002OctDec/0089.ht
ml
         Goal: Review IAB issues and coordination with DNS I18N
               review process & mailing list
               establish schedules and milestones

* 30 min Patrik F?ltstr?m
         Discuss "process for registering new URI schemes" and new
         mailing list.
         http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2717.txt
         http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2718.txt
         Goal: refine process to insure timely and complete feedback
               consider updates to RFC 2717 & RFC 2718

* 25 min Larry Masinter
         Review other URI-related work needed
         (update 'file:' URI scheme, deprecate unused schemes, etc.)
         Summarize state of URI standards at IETF, coordination with W3C
         Goal: decide if any working groups need to be formed, etc