Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-21.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 07:28:24 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Routing for Wireless/Mobile Hosts Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Mobility Support in IPv6
	Author(s)	: D. Johnson, C. Perkins, J. Arkko
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-21.txt
	Pages		: 169
	Date		: 2003-3-3
	
This document specifies the operation of the IPv6 Internet with
mobile computers.  Each mobile node is always identified by its home
address, regardless of its current point of attachment to the
Internet.  While situated away from its home, a mobile node is also
associated with a care-of address, which provides information about
the mobile node's current location.  IPv6 packets addressed to a
mobile node's home address are transparently routed to its care-of
address.  The protocol enables IPv6 nodes to cache the binding of a
mobile node's home address with its care-of address, and to then send
any packets destined for the mobile node directly to it at this
care-of address.  To support this operation, Mobile IPv6 defines a
new IPv6 protocol and a new destination option.  All IPv6 nodes,
whether mobile or stationary can communicate with mobile nodes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-21.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-21.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-21.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.