Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-stebrose-mmsarch-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 07:24:16 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Mobile Messaging Architectures and Requirements
	Author(s)	: A. Stebbens, M. Roselinsky
	Filename	: draft-stebrose-mmsarch-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2003-3-20
	
The increasing importance of messaging as a potential source of 
revenue for mobile networks has led operators to build or procure 
mobile messaging solutions.  Some operators have built mobile 
messaging solutions using IETF standards (IMAP, SMTP, MIME).  Another 
solution has been developed by consensus in the 3GPP and OMA groups, 
based on MIME, HTTP methods and WAP PUSH, which has been deployed by 
many operators.  
This document presents a taxonomy of messaging architecture 
components and models, providing a comparison of their feature sets.  
It also identifies the commonalities of these mobile messaging 
solutions and abstracts from these a set of mobile messaging 
requirements. 
The information is provided to inform and encourage future discussion 
of and improvements to Internet messaging in order to increase their 
applicability to mobile messaging systems.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stebrose-mmsarch-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-stebrose-mmsarch-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-stebrose-mmsarch-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.