Subject: Protocol Action: An IETF URN Sub-namespace for Registered Protocol Parameters to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 18:13:42 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'An IETF URN Sub-namespace 
for Registered Protocol Parameters' <draft-mealling-iana-urn-04.txt> 
as a BCP.  This has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product 
of an IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ted Hardie and Ned Freed.

Technical Summary
 
This document describes a new sub-delegation for the 'ietf' URN
namespace for registered protocol items, named "params". The 'ietf'
URN namespace is defined in RFC 2648 as a root for persistent URIs that
refer to IETF-defined resources.

Working Group Summary

This is an individual submission which though have been discussed in
the URN wg as well as other places. There is consensus on doing this
sub-delegation.

Protocol Quality

The specification is reviewed for the IESG by Patrik Faltstrom.