Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-imapext-sort-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 08:12:42 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Message Access Protocol Extension Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: INTERNET MESSAGE ACCESS PROTOCOL - SORT AND THREAD 
                          EXTENSION
	Author(s)	: M. Crispin, K. Murchison
	Filename	: draft-ietf-imapext-sort-12.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2003-3-24
	
This document describes the base-level server-based sorting and
threading extension to the [IMAP] protocol.  This extension provides
substantial performance improvements for IMAP clients which offer
sorted and threaded views.
A server which supports the base-level SORT extension indicates this
with a capability name which starts with 'SORT'.  Future,
upwards-compatible extensions to the SORT extension will all start
with 'SORT', indicating support for this base level.
A server which supports this extension indicates this with one or
more capability names consisting of 'THREAD=' followed by a supported
threading algorithm name as described in this document.  This
provides for future upwards-compatible extensions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-imapext-sort-12.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-imapext-sort-12.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-imapext-sort-12.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.