Subject: RFC 4177 on Architectural Approaches to Multi-homing for IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 16:28:48 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4177

        Title:      Architectural Approaches to Multi-homing for IPv6
        Author(s):  G. Huston
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      36
        Characters: 95374
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-multi6-architecture-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4177.txt

This memo provides an analysis of the architectural aspects of
multi-homing support for the IPv6 protocol suite.  The purpose of
this analysis is to provide a taxonomy for classification of various
proposed approaches to multi-homing.  It is also an objective of
this exercise to identify common aspects of this domain of study, and
also to provide a framework that can allow exploration of some of the
further implications of various architectural extensions that are
intended to support multi-homing.

This document is a product of the Site Multihoming in IPv6 Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce