Subject: RFC 4188 on Definitions of Managed Objects for Bridges

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 16:30:10 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4188

        Title:      Definitions of Managed Objects for Bridges
        Author(s):  K. Norseth, Ed., E. Bell, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      44
        Characters: 86877
        Obsoletes:  1493

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bridge-bridgemib-smiv2-10.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4188.txt

This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
for use with network management protocols in TCP/IP-based internets.
In particular, it defines objects for managing MAC bridges based on
the IEEE 802.1D-1998 standard between Local Area Network (LAN)
segments.  Provisions are made for the support of transparent
bridging.
Provisions are also made so that these objects apply to bridges
connected by subnetworks other than LAN segments.

The MIB module presented in this memo is a translation of the
BRIDGE-MIB defined in RFC 1493 to the SMIv2 syntax.

This memo obsoletes RFC 1493.

This document is a product of the Bridge MIB Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce