Subject: Protocol Action: 'RTP Payload Format for Extended AMR Wideband (AMR-WB+) Audio Codec' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 13:11:20 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'RTP Payload Format for Extended AMR Wideband (AMR-WB+) Audio Codec '
   <draft-ietf-avt-rtp-amrwbplus-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Allison Mankin and Jon Peterson.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-amrwbplus-07.txt

Technical summary:

This draft defines an RTP payload format for the new AMR-WB+ audio
codec. The format is heavily derived from the existing RTP payload
format for the AMR-WB audio codec (RFC 3267), with some simplifications
and with support for the new features of the WB+ modes. The design
choices are largely those that have been proven in previous payload
formats. The only somewhat unusual feature is that the RTP clock rate
is run at a different rate than the audio sampling rate, to allow for
variable rate coding.

Working group summary:

There was strong consensus in the working group that this is an
appropriate solution.

The specification is reported as a critical dependency by 3GPP's
liaison to the IETF.

Protocol quality:

The protocol is being widely implemented by 3GPP companies. 
It has been extensively reviewed by Colin Perkins and Dave Singer;
Colin is the shepherd of the document for the IETF.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce