Subject: Protocol Action: 'Certificate Extensions and Attributes Supporting Authentication in Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) and Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 17:01:43 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Certificate Extensions and Attributes Supporting Authentication in 
   Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) and Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN) '
   <draft-ietf-pkix-rfc3770bis-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Sam Hartman and Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-rfc3770bis-03.txt

Technical Summary

 This document defines mechanisms supporting Extensible Authentication
 Protocol (EAP) authentication methods that employ X.509
 public key certificates.  This document defines two EAP extended key usage
 values and a public key certificate extension to carry Wireless LAN (WLAN
 System Service identifiers (SSIDs), and describes how these mechanisms may
 be applied to support authentication in Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) and
 Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN).
 
Working Group Summary
 
 The working group had consensus to advance the draft to Proposed
 Standard.
 
Protocol Quality
 
  This document obseletes and replaces RFC 3770.  It has been reviewed
 by the PKIX working group.  It has been reviewed for the IESG by Sam
 Hartman.

Note to RFC Editor
 
Section 1.1:

old: Three changes are included
new: Five significant  changes are included:

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce