Subject: RFC 4192 on Procedures for Renumbering an IPv6 Network without a Flag Day

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 17:33:50 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4192

        Title:      Procedures for Renumbering an IPv6 Network
                    without a Flag Day
        Author(s):  F. Baker, E. Lear, R. Droms
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 52110
        Updates:    2072

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-renumbering-procedure-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4192.txt

This document describes a procedure that can be used to renumber a
network from one prefix to another.  It uses IPv6's intrinsic ability
to assign multiple addresses to a network interface to provide
continuity of network service through a "make-before-break"
transition, as well as addresses naming and configuration management
issues.  It also uses other IPv6 features to minimize the effort and
time required to complete the transition from the old prefix to the
new prefix.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the
IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce