Subject: Document Action: 'Host Identity Protocol Architecture' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 12:43:58 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Host Identity Protocol Architecture '
   <draft-ietf-hip-arch-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Margaret Wasserman and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-arch-03.txt

Technical Summary

   This memo describes a snapshot of the reasoning behind a proposed new
   namespace, the Host Identity namespace, and a new protocol layer, the
   Host Identity Protocol, between the internetworking and transport
   layers.  Herein are presented the basics of the current namespaces,
   their strengths and weaknesses, and how a new namespace will add
   completeness to them.  The roles of this new namespace in the
   protocols are defined.  The memo describes the thinking of the
   authors as of Fall 2003.  The architecture may have evolved since.
   This document represents one stable point in that evolution of
   understanding.
 
Working Group Summary
 
   This document was reviewed in the HIP WG and is being used as the 
   architectural basis for the Experimental documents being developed
   in that group.

Protocol Quality
 
   This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce