Subject: RFC 4158 on Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure: Certification Path Building

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 14:22:03 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4158

        Title:      Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure:
                    Certification Path Building
        Author(s):  M. Cooper, Y. Dzambasow, P. Hesse, S. Joseph,
                    R. Nicholas
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      81
        Characters: 199297
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-certpathbuild-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4158.txt

This document provides guidance and recommendations to developers
building X.509 public-key certification paths within their
applications.  By following the guidance and recommendations defined
in this document, an application developer is more likely to develop
a robust X.509 certificate-enabled application that can build valid
certification paths across a wide range of PKI environments.

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509)
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce