Subject: Document Action: 'Identity selection hints for Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 14:55:26 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Identity selection hints for Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) '
   <draft-adrangi-eap-network-discovery-14.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Margaret Wasserman.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-adrangi-eap-network-discovery-14.txt

Technical Summary
 
   The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) is defined in RFC 3748.
   This document defines a mechanism that allows an access network to
   provide identity selection hints to an EAP peer.  The purpose is to
   assist the EAP peer in selecting an appropriate Network Access
   Identifier (NAI).  This is especially useful when the access network
   does not have a direct roaming relationship with the peer's home
   network, so that a mediating network, such as a roaming consortium or
   broker, is used.

   The mechanism defined in this document is primarily intended for
   advertising connectivity of access network to a limited number of
   roaming partners that find such advertisement useful.

Working Group Summary
 
   This document was an individual submission, but it was reviewed by
   the EAP WG.  
 
Protocol Quality
 
   This document was reviewed for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman.

RFC Editor Note
 
 Please include the following IESG note in this document:

EAP Identity Selection was developed by 3GPP. Documentation is
provided as information to the Internet community.  The EAP WG has
verified that this specification is compatible with EAP as
defined in RFC 3748.  Required 3GPP client behavior is described in
3GPP TS 24.234.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce