Subject: Protocol Action: 'The Network Access Identifier' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 16:44:51 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'The Network Access Identifier '
   <draft-ietf-radext-rfc2486bis-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are David Kessens and Bert Wijnen.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-radext-rfc2486bis-06.txt

Technical Summary
 
 In order to provide roaming services, it is necessary to have a
 standardized method for identifying users.  This document defines the
 syntax for the Network Access Identifier (NAI), the user identity
 submitted by the client during network authentication.  "Roaming" may
 be loosely defined as the ability to use any one of multiple Internet
 Service Providers (ISPs), while maintaining a formal, customer-vendor
 relationship with only one.  Examples of where roaming capabilities
 might be required include ISP "confederations" and ISP-provided
 corporate network access support.  This document is a revised version
 of RFC 2486 which originally defined NAIs.  Enhancements include
 international character set and privacy support, as well as a number
 of corrections to the original RFC.
 
Working Group Summary
 
 This document is a product of the radext working group.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 This document was reviewed for the IESG by David Kessens.

RFC Editor Note
 
 Please correct ABNF error in section 2.1:

 s/label = let-dig * (ldh-str)/label = let-dig *(ldh-str)/

 Fix: Remove the blank between "*" and "(ldh-str)".

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce