Subject: IAOC Selection Announcement

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 08:53:26 -0800 (PST)

The IESG is responsible for selecting one IETF Administrative
Oversight Committee (IAOC) member for a two-year term starting
in March 2010.  The selection was made in accordance with
BCP 101 and BCP 113.

A call for nominations was issued on 2009-09-25.  We had two
willing nominees.  Both of these individuals were very strong
strong candidates, and these names were announced on 2009-11-19.
I am pleased to say that we heard from more people in this process
than we did two years ago.

After obtaining written input from all nominees, the IESG held a
lengthy discussion.  The IESG decided to appoint Ole J. Jacobsen
for another term on the IAOC.

The IESG thanks both nominees for their willingness to serve the
IETF community.  The nominee that was not selected is strongly
encouraged to get involved with the subcommittees of the IAOC and
put his name forward again in the future.

   Russ Housley
   for the IESG