Subject: Call for Comments: "Procedures for Rights Handling in the RFC IAB Stream""

From: IAB Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 07:23:42 -0800 (PST)

Dear Colleagues,

The IAB intends to publish " Procedures for Rights Handling in the RFC
IAB Stream" (draft-malis-iab-stream-00.txt)

The purpose of this publication is to document the IAB's requirements
with respect to the outgoing rights on IAB Stream documents. There
requirements are similar to the requirements in the IRTF and Independent
stream and are being implemented as soon as a new TLP is approved.

Abstract

  This document specifies the procedures by which authors of RFC
  IAB Stream documents grant the community "incoming" rights
  for copying and using the text. It also specifies the "outgoing"
  rights the community grants to readers and users of those documents,
  and it requests that the IETF Trust manage the outgoing rights to
  effect this result.

The IAB will submit this shortly and welcomes any comments you might have
prior to December 16, 2009.

For the IAB,

--Olaf Kolkman (chair).