Subject: Protocol Action: 'Definitions of Managed Objects for IP Flow Information Export' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 10:41:25 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Definitions of Managed Objects for IP Flow Information Export '
   <draft-ietf-ipfix-mib-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Flow Information Export Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-mib-09.txt

Technical Summary

   This document defines managed objects for IP Flow Information Export
   (IPFIX).  These objects provide information for monitoring IPFIX
   Exporters and IPFIX Collectors including the basic configuration
   information.

Working Group Summary

This work originates from the PSAMP MIB module. The PSAMP WG had MIB
development already chartered when there was no such plan in the
IPFIX WG. But after the first versions of the PSAMP MIB module had
been discussed it became clear that a lot of its content should
rather be part of an IPFIX MIB module than of a PSAMP MIB module.
Therefore, the IPFIX WG got a MIB module into its charter and took
over most of the content of the former PSAMP MIB. The PSAMP MIB
module is to be completed after the completions of the IPFIX MIB
module.

Document Quality

The document underwent several reviews and two WG last calls in
the IPFIX WG. This way, a high document quality has been achieved
already. Still a review by a MIB doctor would be desirable.

Personnel

Juergen Quittek is shepherding this document. Dan Romascanu is the
responsible Area director.