Subject: Document Action: 'EAP Authentication Using Only A Password' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 07:26:22 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'EAP Authentication Using Only A Password '
   <draft-harkins-emu-eap-pwd-12.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-harkins-emu-eap-pwd-12.txt

Technical Summary

   This memo describes an Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
   method, EAP-pwd, which uses a shared password for authentication.
   The password may be a low-entropy one and may be drawn from some set
   of possible passwords, like a dictionary, which is available to an
   attacker.

Working Group Summary

   This memo is not the product of any working group.  It has been
   reviewed by several interested parties with relevant background.

Document Quality

   This memo was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.