Subject: Requirements Development RFP for Extension to the Data Tracker

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 01:32:20 -0800 (PST)

Requirements Development RFP for Extension to the Data Tracker

The IETF Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC), on behalf of the
IETF, announces this Request for Proposal to develop the requirements for
data tracker extensions for Working Group Chairs and Internet-Draft
Authors.  The successful bidder will enter into a contract with the
Internet Society.

The current Data Tracker infrastructure provides support for the work of
the Internet Engineering Steering Group (IESG), the IETF Secretariat, and
through the ietf.org website provides information to the community at
large.  The current tools are written in Perl and Python and interface
with a MySQL database.

The primary goal of this project is to develop consensus on a set of
requirements for extending the Data Tracker to capture and display the
progression of Internet-Drafts (I-Ds) from the time they are accepted as
candidate WG documents through to the time the WG Chair requests
publication from the IESG, or are declared as being “Dead”, and provide
authors, working groups, the leadership and the community the information
needed to process, monitor and manage I-Ds.  An additional goal is to
provide transparency to all community participants into the progress of
IETF WGs.  One or more of this project’s deliverables may be used to issue
an RFP for the design and development of these enhancements to the Data
Tracker

The RFP can be found at: http://iaoc.ietf.org/rfpsrfis.html 

Proposals must be received via email at [email-masked] no later than
January 18, 2010, 5:00 P.M. EST.  All questions/inquiries must be
submitted in writing and must be received no later than midnight, EST,
January 7, 2010.  Responses to questions and inquiries shall be posted on
the IAOC website, iaoc.ietf.org/rfpsrfis.html by midnight, EST, January
11, 2010.

The point of contact regarding this RFP is the IETF Administrative
Director, Ray Pelletier.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director