Subject: Re: Historic to be: draft-spencer-usefor-son-of-1036-01.txt

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 11:07:14 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has no problem with the publication of '"Son of 1036":  News Article Format and Transmission' <draft-spencer-usefor-son-of-1036-01.txt> as a Historic.

The IESG would also like the IRSG or RFC-Editor to review the comments in 
the datatracker 
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=18537&rfc_flag=0) 
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit 
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot 
and the comment log. 

The IESG contact person is Lisa Dusseault.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-spencer-usefor-son-of-1036-01.txt

The process for such documents is described at http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html.

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   This draft was circulated to replace RFC1036 and called "son
   of 1036".  Although it was not standardized at the time, it was
   implemented and interoperable. It is being published as historic
   for the record.

Working Group Summary

   N/A 

Document Quality

   The protocol, although historic, is implemented.

Personnel

   Lisa Dusseault is shepherding the RFC3932 review.

Note to RFC Editor

   The IESG believes it has *no note* to insert in this document,
   and no objection to its publication.