Subject: Re: Informational RFC to be: draft-irtf-p2prg-rtc-security-05.txt

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 13:45:01 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'Security Issues and
Solutions in Peer-to-peer Systems for Realtime Communications'
(draft-irtf-p2prg-rtc-security-05.txt) as an Informational RFC.

The IESG would also like the IRSG or RFC-Editor to review the comments in
the datatracker 
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=18521&rfc_flag=0)
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit 
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot 
and the comment log. 

The IESG contact person is Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-p2prg-rtc-security-05.txt

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html.

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   (From the document's abstract)

   Peer-to-peer networks have become popular for certain applications
   and deployments for a variety of reasons, including fault tolerance,
   economics, and legal issues.  It has therefore become reasonable for
   resource consuming and typically centralized applications like Voice
   over IP (VoIP) and, in general, realtime communication to adapt and
   exploit the benefits of P2P. Such a migration needs to address a new
   set of P2P specific security problems.  This document describes some
   of the known issues found in common P2P networks, analyzing the
   relevance of such issues and the applicability of existing solutions
   when using P2P architectures for realtime communication.  This
   document is a product of the P2P Research Group.

Working Group Summary

   This is an RFC-editor independent submission.

Document Quality

   This is an RFC-editor independent submission.

Personnel

   Robert Sparks was the responsible AD for the RFC 3932
   recommendations.

RFC Editor Note

   The IESG has not found any conflict between this document and IETF
work.