Subject: RFC 5656 on Elliptic Curve Algorithm Integration in the Secure Shell Transport Layer

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 16:00:15 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5656

        Title:      Elliptic Curve Algorithm Integration in 
                    the Secure Shell Transport Layer 
        Author:     D. Stebila, J. Green
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       December 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 44259
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-green-secsh-ecc-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5656.txt

This document describes algorithms based on Elliptic Curve
Cryptography (ECC) for use within the Secure Shell (SSH) transport
protocol.  In particular, it specifies Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman
(ECDH) key agreement, Elliptic Curve Menezes-Qu-Vanstone (ECMQV) key
agreement, and Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (ECDSA) for
use in the SSH Transport Layer protocol.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute