Subject: [Forward: RFC 5741 on RFC Streams, Headers, and Boilerplates]

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 20:14:29 -0800

Forwarding because this announcement hasn't appeared in the IETF
archives yet.

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 5741 on RFC Streams, Headers, and Boilerplates
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 11:37:07 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5741

        Title:      RFC Streams, Headers, and Boilerplates 
        Author:     L. Daigle, Ed.,
                    O. Kolkman, Ed.,
                    IAB
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       December 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 32160
        Updates:    RFC2223, RFC4844

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5741.txt

RFC documents contain a number of fixed elements such as the title
page header, standard boilerplates, and copyright/IPR statements.
This document describes them and introduces some updates to reflect
current usage and requirements of RFC publication.  In particular,
this updated structure is intended to communicate clearly the source
of RFC creation and review.  This document is not an Internet Standards 
Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

----- End forwarded message -----