Subject: Re: Experimental RFC to be: draft-wu-softwire-4over6-03.txt

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 14:42:14 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has no problem with the publication of '4over6 Transit Solution using IP Encapsulation and MP-BGP Extensions' <draft-wu-softwire-4over6-03.txt> as an Experimental RFC.

The IESG would also like the IRSG or RFC-Editor to review the comments in 
the datatracker 
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=14287&rfc_flag=0) 
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit 
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot 
and the comment log. 

The IESG contact person is Ralph Droms.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wu-softwire-4over6-03.txt

The process for such documents is described at http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html.

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   This document describes a mechanism for
   automatic discovery and creation of IPv4 over IPv6 tunnels via
   extensions to multi- protocol BGP.  It is targeted at connecting
   islands of IPv4 networks across an IPv6-only backbone without the
   need for a manually configured overlay of tunnels.  The mechanisms
   described in this document have been implemented, tested and deployed
   on the large research IPv6 network in China.

Working Group Summary

   This document is an independent submission via the RFC Editor.

Document Quality

   4over6 technology was deployed on CNGI-CERNET2 before the 
   formal proposals in Softwire WG. Therefore, this large scale
   deployment was a good experiment for the Softwire Mesh Framework
   and its solutions.  This document was deferred for publication
   as an Experimental RFC after the publication of the Standards
   Track RFC byt the softwire WG. Now that the RFC has been
   published, this document can be published.

Personnel

   Ralph Droms ([email-masked]) is the responsible AD.

RFC Editor Note

  Response #2 from RFC 3932 is appropriate.  This work is
  related to work in the softwire working group, but the
  relationship does not prevent publication.