Subject: RFC 5679 on Locating IEEE 802.21 Mobility Services Using DNS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 12:56:37 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5679

        Title:      Locating IEEE 802.21 Mobility Services 
                    Using DNS 
        Author:     G. Bajko
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       December 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 21127
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mipshop-mos-dns-discovery-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5679.txt

This document defines application service tags that allow service
location without relying on rigid domain naming conventions, and DNS
procedures for discovering servers that provide IEEE 802.21-defined
Mobility Services.  Such Mobility Services are used to assist a Mobile
Node (MN) supporting IEEE 802.21, in handover preparation (network
discovery) and handover decision (network selection).  The services
addressed by this document are the Media Independent Handover Services
defined in IEEE 802.21.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Mobility for IP: Performance, Signaling and Handoff Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute