Subject: Document Action: 'IANA Registry Update for Support of the SEED Cipher Algorithm in the Multimedia Internet KEYing (MIKEY)' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 13:28:00 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IANA Registry Update for Support of the SEED Cipher Algorithm in the 
   Multimedia Internet KEYing (MIKEY) '
   <draft-seokung-msec-mikey-seed-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Tim Polk.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-seokung-msec-mikey-seed-05.txt

Technical Summary

This document proposes the addition of new values to use the SEED 
block cipher algorithm for the Secure Real-time Transport Protocol 
(SRTP) and the Real-time Transport Control Protocol (RTCP) in 
Multimedia Internet KEYing (MIKEY). The document identified new 
algorithm types in the MIKEY namespace.

Working Group Summary

This I-D was discussed in an MSEC WG meeting, and there were no 
objections to the I-D progressing. However it was determined that 
there was no need for the WG to progress it.

Document Quality

The editorial quality and technical quality of the document are both 
in good shape.

Personnel

   Brian Weis is the Document Shepherd for this document.
   Tim Polk is the Responsible Area Director.