Subject: Unexpected confirmation messages from the IETF

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 10:15:32 -0800

All -

The IETF is aware that a number of you have received additional and/or
unexpected address confirmation request messages from the IETF over the
past couple of days.  We're sorry for the confusion this has caused.

The reason for this problem was that the confirmation system's database
was not being updated correctly.  This process occurs as a part of the
regularly-scheduled database update system, and the step just before this
process was hanging, causing problems for the database update.

(Thanks to the efforts of Henrik, it was determined that there is a
problem with the RFC Editor's IPV6 feed.  A database sync that we pull from
the RFC Editor was operating over IPV6, but was hanging due to a problem in
their IPV6 feed.  Switching that sync to IPV4 solved the problem.  The 
RFC-Editor is moving to AMS in early January, which will permanently resolve
that problem.)

That prior process has been dealt with, and the confirmation system's 
database is now being updated correctly.  If you received a confirmation
message when you should not have, and did not see your message come through
its intended list, we ask that you resend your message.  There should be
no further problems.

If anyone DOES encounter any problems beyond the time of this message, or any
problems of any kind pertaining to the IETF, please send the details, including
as much information as possible, to our trouble desk at [email-masked] 
so that we may investigate.

We hope you enjoy your holidays.

Glen Barney
IT Director
AMS (IETF Secretariat)