Subject: RFC 5677 on IEEE 802.21 Mobility Services Framework Design (MSFD)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 12:56:02 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5677

        Title:      IEEE 802.21 Mobility Services Framework 
                    Design (MSFD) 
        Author:     T. Melia, Ed.,
                    G. Bajko, S. Das,
                    N. Golmie, JC. Zuniga
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       December 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 57479
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mipshop-mstp-solution-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5677.txt

This document describes a mobility services framework design (MSFD)
for the IEEE 802.21 Media Independent Handover (MIH) protocol that
addresses identified issues associated with the transport of MIH
messages.  The document also describes mechanisms for Mobility Services
(MoS) discovery and transport-layer mechanisms for the reliable
delivery of MIH messages.  This document does not provide mechanisms
for securing the communication between a mobile node (MN) and the
Mobility Server.  Instead, it is assumed that either lower-layer
(e.g., link-layer) security mechanisms or overall system-specific
proprietary security solutions are used.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Mobility for IP: Performance, Signaling and Handoff Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute